PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Adam Carriker traded to Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adam Carriker traded to Redskins

heh......beats trading a 3rd and a 5th for derrick burgess.......or a 3rd rounder for duane starks, or a 2nd and a 3rd for chad jackson, or a 2nd and a 4th to get bethel johnson

by many standards, the deal is a great one for the redskins

No doubt those were bad deals.

However, they are balanced off by a 4th for Moss, 2nd and 7th for Welker, a 4th for Ted Washington, Trading a 2nd for a 1st the next year which leads to Mayo...

Some work, some don't.

It's actually not for a 5th. It's for a swap of the teams 5th round picks, so the Skins still have a 5th after the trade. I believe the Rams just pick five places sooner, for the chance to unload Carriker.

Not long ago there was a thread advocating trading one of our seconds for this refuse.

Curious, what is your connection between the two and why Odrick will suck like Carriker?
If you didn't know, there were rumors that the Pats wanted to trade up for Carriker but there were also mock drafts having Carriker sliding to the Pats with one of their first round picks.

Now 3 years later, because 3-4 defense ends are scarce and the Pats need a defensive end, mock drafts have the Pats taking (reaching for) Odrick. Since then, most people on this message board have become attached to Odrick like they were to Carriker just because of what they've read in mocks and rumors coming from the Pats.

I don't know Odrick will suck like Carriker, I just feel there will be better players on the board when the Pats select.

No doubt those were bad deals.

However, they are balanced off by a 4th for Moss, 2nd and 7th for Welker, a 4th for Ted Washington, Trading a 2nd for a 1st the next year which leads to Mayo...

Some work, some don't.

Don't forget a 2nd for Corey Dillon. But of course, all of these must have just been luck! The Patriots CANNOT ever trade for players and get anyone good. The Pats front office should learn the ways of true champion, annual contenders- like the Redskins! :rolleyes: :)

If you didn't know, there were rumors that the Pats wanted to trade up for Carriker but there were also mock drafts having Carriker sliding to the Pats with one of their first round picks.

Now 3 years later, because 3-4 defense ends are scarce and the Pats need a defensive end, mock drafts have the Pats taking (reaching for) Odrick. Since then, most people on this message board have become attached to Odrick like they were to Carriker just because of what they've read in mocks and rumors coming from the Pats.

I don't know Odrick will suck like Carriker, I just feel there will be better players on the board when the Pats select.

OH ok that makes some sense. I don't want to over reach for Odrick and I agree we might have better options at 22 but if we were to somehow accuire him without using 22 would you be OK with that.

OH ok that makes some sense. I don't want to over reach for Odrick and I agree we might have better options at 22 but if we were to somehow accuire him without using 22 would you be OK with that.
It all depends on who's available and how the draft unfolds.

The ideal draft for me would be to get a pass rusher, RB that can take it the distance, WR, and either a DE or OL with their last pick in the 2nd round.

In the 4th round, I want to see the Pats get Brandon Spikes.

Don't forget a 2nd for Corey Dillon. But of course, all of these must have just been luck! The Patriots CANNOT ever trade for players and get anyone good. The Pats front office should learn the ways of true champion, annual contenders- like the Redskins! :rolleyes: :)
Corey Dillon was awesome in 2004. But Steven Jackson was the guy I really wanted the Pats to draft for the long term. They could've easily traded up to get him but they already traded for Dillon prior to draft.

Gheeeeez. I definitely would have sent them a 4th and a fruit basket.

The fruit basket probably would've put the Pats offer over the top. :D

I'd have taken a flyer on Carriker too.

It is true and thank you for remembering. I am putting black ribbon around my screen.

Our #119 pick must be a combination of Reggie White, Tom Brady, John Hannah and Jim Taylor all rolled into one guy>>>Sign the Beast.

We passed on Holmes, Sheffler and now Carriker for a fifth.

Let's pencil in #119 as the newest Patriot Hall of Famer...How about a hand to the FO?
DW Toys

Did it ever occur to you that there's a reason why they are trading these players for mid-to-low round draft picks?

Did it ever occur to you that there's a reason why they are trading these players for mid-to-low round draft picks?
Just to piss off Patriots fans?

Is it just me or is Carriker the ugliest player in the NFL? I dread navigating to his player page.

Not long ago there was a thread advocating trading one of our seconds for this refuse.

Ah...That would be me. Go ahead and torture me. I will take my medicine but I think we will wish we took him by seasons end if he plays well for the Skins.

If there was still an issue about the shoulder and not 100% I can see what the jaw dropping pick is. I didn't check the x-rays.

We'll see.
DW Toys

Yep...on the forum there always is. Let's say if the Bucs got the Vikes Peterson for a 7th rounder, people on this site would say, "He sucked anyway and that was too high...good thing they wasted the pick and not us."

It is what it is here. Tell me next January if I was wrong and I will tip my hat to you kind sir.

Now here is the hypocrisy. If we got a fifth rounder for Maroney there would be torches and pitchforks waved with malice that night at BB's house. Is that a fair statement?
DW Toys

Yep...on the forum there always is. Let's say if the Bucs got the Vikes Peterson for a 7th rounder, people on this site would say, "He sucked anyway and that was too high...good thing they wasted the pick and not us."

It is what it is here. Tell me next January if I was wrong and I will tip my hat to you kind sir.

Now here is the hypocrisy. If we got a fifth rounder for Maroney there would be torches and pitchforks waved with malice that night at BB's house. Is that a fair statement?
DW Toys

Yes that is a fair statement. And I like you wish BB had traded a fifth for Carriker, provided the doctors cleared him.

Wasted opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey