PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Abuse of the Boys (by fans/PA system)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Anybody else hang in to see the final humiliations of the cowboys at redskins.

The PA announcer was playing over and over again; 'MOMMA; DON'T LET YOUR BABIES GROW UP TO BE COWBOYS"

and the crowd was doing the Sha-na-na, Goodbye song to them too.

Gibbs was supposedly being a classy guy and asking the PA guy to cut the cowboys song etc. and the announcers were saying how over the top Wash was picking on the cowboys. And they were really pissed off about it too. Parcells stomped off the field and wouldnt' shake hands; Gibbs gives him a little wave just to say nice game; and Parcells just scowls and ignores him. (ha ha, :singing: that was funny)

MY QUESTION: Was that over the top?

Does it make a difference if you play A SONG everytime you win versus a particular song because of WHO YOU ARE BEATING IN THIS GAME?

I personnally didn't have a problem with it. I mean Redskins-Cowboys have one of the oldest rivalries in football. If fans cant gloat a little on that one; when can they??????

Maybe Gibbs doesnt want to give them bulletin board material for next year (or the off chance they face boys in playoffs); but the fans I think can live in the moment. I think you let it go. But would you call it classless if it was the Dolts at the RCA dome beating Pats?????

The Redskins Cowboys rivalry is a historical thing. The game was huge for them, just huge. The fact that almost everyone picked the Cowboys might have had something to do with the glee.

I don't think it was a big deal. Gibbs supposedly told them to stop playing the song, but it's not a bad-natured song. As for the fans, well, they've waited years for a December game that mattered against the Cowboys. They were delirious.

On the other hand, it was positive joy, not negative taunting, when the Gillette PA system erupted with Roger Daltrey at the end of Saturday's game, blasting

"Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh- meet the NEW boss, same as the OLD boss!!!!!!!!".

From "Won't Get Fooled Again" (yeah, but the networks keep getting fooled every year!)

In fact - with all due respect to Ozzy - we need to have The Who playing that song under that big helmet on the Thursday Night Football home opener extravaganza next year.

Last edited:
BFD. Move along Tuna.

Yeah, I was watching that.

The crowd loved it as well.

They had the "Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye" song going.

The game was the biggest thing since sliced bread here in DC. The Cowboys have had the Redskins number for so long, one could hardly call it a rivalry. The crowd was amped, the players were fired up, and the result was a lopsided win.

We'll see what becomes of them on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes