PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Aaron Rodgers played a good game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
18 for 24, 200 yards, 1 TD, no INT's, a passer rating of 102 against Dallas.

He'll be what, 26 years old, when he finally gets to play full time?

I agree. I was really impressed with what he was able to accomplish.

Rodgers came in for Favre and quickly got the game under control at a time when it was beginning to slip away from Favre. Interesting thought had Rodgers started and played the whole game what the outcome might have been. The Packers D seemed to pick up once Rodgers entered the game, and while I haven't checked time of possession for the Packers from the time Rodgers entered the game, my guess is that it would have been a 3-point game had he started and played the entire game.

yea, i think when Brett finally decides to leave, GB just may have another great QB there ready to take the reigns

Rodgers did have a nice game...

And the officials had a brilliant game! :bricks:

If Brett had stayed in, we probably would have blown them out.

Pt being that it's tough to defend a QB when your coaching staff didn't have a chance to prepare for them.(And the Cowboys' D made some key penalties that lead to scores)

I agree-Rodgers is blossoming his potential now.

What you saw tonight is what we saw last week with the Eagles and what we saw in September 2001 with this team. Guys stepping up and pulling for a backup who hasn't yet torn their hearts out. It worked here 'cause he never has, though it doesn't often work for long elsewhere although Romo is a case in point. He's proven he can sustain their effort, as did Brady. Although Romo is out of that same gunslinger mold as Favre so he may in time rip their hearts out in Dallas. Still too soon to crown his ass, and way to soon to crown Rogers. But he shows promise.

Brett just said he seperated his left shoulder trying to break his fall when he hit his right funny bone...:confused: But he's a warrior so we all know in 10 days Rogers is toast for this year, which means so are the Packers.

I'd like to see what this guy can do with a full season.
He seems like an accurate, smart decision maker, not a risk taker, which is pretty much ideal for a possession offense QB.

Last edited:
This should also eliminate all the Favre for MVP talk since his replacement outplayed him in their biggest regular season game of the year.

What you saw tonight is what we saw last week with the Eagles and what we saw in September 2001 with this team. Guys stepping up and pulling for a backup who hasn't yet torn their hearts out. It worked here 'cause he never has, though it doesn't often work for long elsewhere although Romo is a case in point. He's proven he can sustain their effort, as did Brady. Although Romo is out of that same gunslinger mold as Favre so he may in time rip their hearts out in Dallas. Still too soon to crown his ass, and way to soon to crown Rogers. But he shows promise.

Brett just said he seperated his left shoulder trying to break his fall when he hit his right funny bone...:confused: But he's a warrior so we all know in 10 days Rogers is toast for this year, which means so are the Packers.

Favre is THE anti-McNabb. Not only is he very durable, but b/c of this, he has a LARGE margin for error when it comes to playing with injuries. A few years ago, he played with a sprained knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots