PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:A truley amazing story

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Every year on this date, I take the day off and play golf.

On the 11th hole at Homerville Country Club I got off an awesome drive that just kicked into the woods. I searched for my ball and then decided it was time to "drain the monster".

While I was doing that, I looked over and saw a ball. I thought it was mine and went to pick it up. Instead it was a Calloway with a Flying Elvis logo. Also on the ball there was a logo saying "3 times Super Bowl Champions".

It was almost as if it was there waiting for me to come and pick it up.:rocker:

It is now cleaned up and part of my collection. I will only use it for putting.

An Amazing story!!

Where is the Homerville Golf course?? Just curious?? That is pretty remarkable....I am sure that is a keeper!!

Pats726 said:
Where is the Homerville Golf course?? Just curious?? That is pretty remarkable....I am sure that is a keeper!!

The Homerville Golf course is where ever I play. As you can see from my "location", I live in Homerville because I'm a big homer. :rocker:

Indeed, this story ranks high up there on my list of 'Amazing Stories' :D

It's definitely top 5, no, top 3.

Changing ball mid-hole (to putt with) is a PGA violation.

Just letting you know in case you decide to head out on the tour.

SoCal Bong said:
Changing ball mid-hole (to putt with) is a PGA violation.

Just letting you know in case you decide to head out on the tour.

I'll remember that when I play the Masters next April.:singing:

I notice you said a "truly amazing" story, not an "amazing true" story :)

alamo said:
I notice you said a "truly amazing" story, not an "amazing true" story :)

You really can't make **** like that up. And the wierd part of it was that the drive was pefect but it must have hit a rock and kicked into the woods.

Like the hands of fate were pulling me to find that ball.

What a story! How many stokes did you take for "draining the monster"? And if you did, hope the strokes were taken after you drained the monster.

Patriotic said:
What a story! How many stokes did you take for "draining the monster"? And if you did, hope the strokes were taken after you drained the monster.

I was just trying to give an accurate description of what happened.

Otherwise, people would think that I was making it up.

PATSNUTme said:
Every year on this date, I take the day off and play golf.

On the 11th hole at Homerville Country Club I got off an awesome drive that just kicked into the woods. I searched for my ball and then decided it was time to "drain the monster".

While I was doing that, I looked over and saw a ball. I thought it was mine and went to pick it up. Instead it was a Calloway with a Flying Elvis logo. Also on the ball there was a logo saying "3 times Super Bowl Champions".

It was almost as if it was there waiting for me to come and pick it up.:rocker:

It is now cleaned up and part of my collection. I will only use it for putting.

An Amazing story!!

Well, I'm glad you're cleaning the ball up at least after "draining the monster" all over it... Not sure how sanitary it was to even pick it up after that.

Re: OT:A truly amazing story

Brownfan80 said:
Well, I'm glad you're cleaning the ball up at least after "draining the monster" all over it... Not sure how sanitary it was to even pick it up after that.

I didn't "drain" on the ball. Had I not stopped to drain at that exact spot and looked to my right, I would have never found it.

It was the hand of fate. Knowing that I was a big homer, fate made me find the ball so I could give it a proper home.

Last edited:
Your story is eerily similar to an encounter I had this week. I too was playing at Homerville golf course and...wouldn't you know, I also misplayed a ball off the tee that headed out of bounds. As I trudged through the woods with my caddie, BK, we came across a new golf course on the other side of the hill. The course was lined with the most beautiful green sod. What struck me as unusual though were the funny chalk markings about a yard or so apart down the center of the fairways with longer straight lines every 5 yards. I finally found my ball in a fairway bunker that was missing all its sand. BK explained to me that a very rich man was building a private golf course for his family and every Friday, dump trucks would deliver new sod to the course and then remove unwanted sand.Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:

borg said:
Your story is eerily similar to an encounter I had this week. I too was playing at Homerville golf course and...wouldn't you know, I also misplayed a ball off the tee that headed out of bounds. As I trudged through the woods with my caddie, BK, we came across a new golf course on the other side of the hill. The course was lined with the most beautiful green sod. What struck me as unusual though were the funny chalk markings about a yard or so apart down the center of the fairways with longer straight lines every 5 yards. I finally found my ball in a fairway bunker that was missing all its sand. BK explained to me that a very rich man was building a private golf course for his family and every Friday, dump trucks would deliver new sod to the course and then remove unwanted sand.Hmmmmmmmmmm.

stop-bs.jpg

My amazing story was 100% accurate.

Last edited:

PATSNUTme said:
I didn't "drain" on the ball. Had I not stopped to drain at that exact spot and looked to my right, I would have never found it.

It was the hand of fate. Knowing that I was a big homer, fate made me find the ball so I could give it a proper home.

Ahhhh well that's a relief. The story never signaled that you actually stopped draining the monster as you went to retrieve the ball:

PATSNUTme said:
"decided it was time to "drain the monster".

While I was doing that, I looked over and saw a ball. I thought it was mine and went to pick it up. Instead it was a Calloway with a Flying Elvis logo. Also on the ball there was a logo saying "3 times Super Bowl Champions"."

:D

Last edited:

PATSNUTme said:
stop-bs.jpg

My amazing story was 100% accurate.

O.......k.....

Last edited:
You forgot to add that your handicap is 144.

I have my own golfing story from this summer which is not amazing. On a Friday morning in August I was playing a round (not at Homerville, at the nearby Springfield CC course). I was walking down the middle of the fairway when I looked down and there was a brand new Titleist with a Red Sox logo, apparently abandoned in plain sight by someone else. Cool! I was looking forward to the big Red Sox-Yankees series starting that afternoon. This must be an omen!

Well, it will probably surprise noone that on the very next hole when I decided to play the Red Sox ball for good luck, I hit my worst tee shot of the day and the ball ended up up right in the middle of a lake, never to be seen again. :bricks:

alamo said:
I have my own golfing story from this summer which is not amazing. On a Friday morning in August I was playing a round (not at Homerville, at the nearby Springfield CC course). I was walking down the middle of the fairway when I looked down and there was a brand new Titleist with a Red Sox logo, apparently abandoned in plain sight by someone else. Cool! I was looking forward to the big Red Sox-Yankees series starting that afternoon. This must be an omen!

Well, it will probably surprise noone that on the very next hole when I decided to play the Red Sox ball for good luck, I hit my worst tee shot of the day and the ball ended up up right in the middle of a lake, never to be seen again. :bricks:

I know that several posters here would have "drained' on that Red Sox ball.

Can you imagine what would have happened to that ball if a Giants fan would have found it instead of me?

There are still quite a few Giants fans around the Metro Homerville area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes