PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: A Forum Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bella*chick said:
Okay, so, green-squared Patjew gave me some rep, and it still makes no difference. Does that have to do with newbie status? It must take more than just a green square to make rep matter?

I am entirely too concerned with this right now. I never gave it a thought before, but I also never realized it was so elaborate.
He didn't have enough points to make up for the negative rep you recieved, apparently. You'll need to get more.

Johnny Mac said:
He didn't have enough points to make up for the negative rep you recieved, apparently. You'll need to get more.

But I was only at negative 1. I'm still at negative 1.

I now have 3 blue squares, and one red.

Weird.

eta: make that 4 blue squares, LOL. But shouldn't at least one be green?

Last edited:
I guess the forum settings require you to have more points than you're originally given to affect other people's rep. But then I have no idea where anyone would get negative rep to begin with. Perhaps Patjew has recieved some negative rep of his own?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
We've wandered wildly off topic buddy, but ... Daaaaamn. That's amazing. You got me. How much overhead do you want to ship me a bottle? :)

I do have to mention, however, that while living in Lousiville, I was fortunate enough to tour Heaven Hill Distilleries in Bardstown, Kentucky and tasted some very old, very fine, Elijah Craig and Evan Williams. The place is amazing, so is the Maker's Mark facility. :D ....but 24 years old at $25 is obscene, ya got me.

I plead guilty to having gone through 5 bottles so far since September...if I see any more, I'll grab an extra and then we can work out the cost of shipping on the side from Manchester-area, NH to EBF, ME... :D

Johnny Mac said:
I guess the forum settings require you to have more points than you're originally given to affect other people's rep. But then I have no idea where anyone would get negative rep to begin with. Perhaps Patjew has recieved some negative rep of his own?

Very confusing, isn't it. I wonder if something got messed up when the forums went down a while ago?

It's ok, in the long run. I don't really mind the red. At least it's a color for the Patriots, I can console myself with that. Same with all the blue squares. :)

Huh. I had no idea about this. Can't find mine, which probably means I don't have any, but that's okay, too :)

$hits and giggles

Bella*chick said:
Very confusing, isn't it. I wonder if something got messed up when the forums went down a while ago?

It's ok, in the long run. I don't really mind the red. At least it's a color for the Patriots, I can console myself with that. Same with all the blue squares. :)
As trivial as this seems, now it's got me fascinated. What the hell does "off the scale" mean and how did it effect your rep when I left you some positive?

Last edited:
Yeah I think this thing is broken. I got two rep votes from this thread and I'm still at zero. I don't get this feature at all, but like many am now fascinated with it.

Brownfan80 said:
Yeah I think this thing is broken. I got two rep votes from this thread and I'm still at zero. I don't get this feature at all, but like many am now fascinated with it.
What happened now, Brownie? (left you some +)

Hey, which one of you wisenheimers screwed me and took away my "off the scale" and replaced it with "unknown quantity"???? :)

And how come my post count stayed at 663 after another post?

What's going on here???? Where'd I put my tinfoil...

CTPatsFan said:
Hey, which one of you wisenheimers screwed me and took away my "off the scale" and replaced it with "unknown quantity"???? :)

I gave you positive ups for your Family Guy icon. I don't know why that'd make you unknown though.

CTPatsFan said:
What happened now, Brownie? (left you some +)

Nothing I still have 0 points. Mine's broke for sure. lol

Thanks for assisting in the experiment though. I now have three votes so I should for sure be either -1 or +1 depending on how they were cast (or it could be +3 or -3, but it couldn't still be zero either way).

Now I'm fascinated with the post count. Three posts in a row and the Posts is the same. Maybe because they're all in a row?

Who started this? I should be working right now! :)

CTPatsFan said:
And how come my post count stayed at 663 after another post?

What's going on here???? Where'd I put my tinfoil...

You're at 664 now, so maybe they aren't out to get you afterall?

CTPatsFan said:
Now I'm fascinated with the post count. Three posts in a row and the Posts is the same. Maybe because they're all in a row?

Who started this? I should be working right now! :)

You're at 665 now on my screen. maybe your post count is broken, and my rep counter is broken. it's all falling apart man!!!!

Bella*chick said:
I'd like some love from you green-squared people...I want to be relevant!

Pretty please?

I already did Bella and you turned grey......

Bill's Girl said:
Hey B's G, how much is that little green square worth to you?

I might be able to leave that rep alone for say...a bottle of beer?! :)

CTPatsFan said:
Hey B's G, how much is that little green square worth to you?

I might be able to leave that rep alone for say...a bottle of beer?! :)

Wow Rep blackmail, that's an awesome innovation.

Bill's Girl said:

Wow! Thanks. Okay, so this DOES work.

Basically, Bill's Girl, you have got some power! You can turn people's boxes different colors with a click of your mouse. That means you must have some heavy positive points.

What stinks is that I know I tried to rate you positive on a post or two, but it appears since I was grey or red, I added nothing to your rep. It is just so weird to not have my opinion about people's posts matter at all. I've been hear a little while and I have a healthy postcount.

Now let's get NUT in here. He's green too. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back