PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: A Forum Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
When I mouse the little squares in the upper right I get messages like "off the scale" "Unknown quantity" "shameless behaviour in the past".
I noticed it because lately several boxes turned red.

What is that?
How does it get there?
What is a reputation and how many posts does it take to get one?

-pwp (clueless)

where? on the posts?

PatsWickedPissah said:
When I mouse the little squares in the upper right I get messages like "off the scale" "Unknown quantity" "shameless behaviour in the past".
I noticed it because lately several boxes turned red.

What is that?
How does it get there?
What is a reputation and how many posts does it take to get one?

-pwp (clueless)

yeah--not sure if that is even enabled on this forum--at least, I see flea is 'on a distinguished road', yet you are 'an unknown quantity'...it is a 'kharma' thing where posters can give each other 'kharma' votes...kind oof weenie-ish I think...but...whatever...

what's mine say? 'runs with scissors'?

Last edited:
It's that person's reputation points. At each level of points, there is a different comment assigned, when using the vBulletin forum software.

Oh yes, I have the "shameless behavior" red. If you go to your CP, you'll see a list where people gave you reputation points on a certain thread.

I was rated low on a Colts thread, where it appears I said some not too nice things about the Colts. *snicker* Shameless behavior indeed.

Bella*chick said:
Oh yes, I have the "shameless behavior" red. If you go to your CP, you'll see a list where people gave you reputation points on a certain thread.

I was rated low on a Colts thread, where it appears I said some not too nice things about the Colts. *snicker* Shameless behavior indeed.
yes u r shamelss....

Bella*chick said:
If you go to your CP, you'll see a list where people gave you reputation points on a certain thread.
Where? Sorry can't find it. And can't figure out how I'm on a "distinguished road". And really can't figure out how Laffy Taffy is on the same road.

Weird thing is, newbs who join are given 10 points, I think those of us who were here before the board software change I don't think had that given to us. I dunno, I was curious so I shamelessly asked for rep points on this thread... and I got some, but it didn't seem to make a difference. So now I'm back to not caring. ;)

Although, it is irritating that a troll can come in and keep a happy jolly green square because they have a 'new member' bonus, and they spread their BS through multiple posts, while we've got long-time, respected posters who end up with red ones after making one or two illadvised posts. Maybe I'm off base, I dunno.

NEM, I can understand (no offence NEM, but you know you draw fire... it's in you're nature). But there are some that have red squares that I can't figure out why.

Yeah, that's forum reputation. Kind of silly for only newbs to have any power. As it stands, most members are at 0, which gives them no power. Any reputation they leave would have no affect. The higher your reputation points, the more rep you can give out/take away.

I'm not sure if this forum bases any rep on post count. It's possible to make it so that X amount of posts gives you Y amount of rep points.

Patjew said:
Where? Sorry can't find it. And can't figure out how I'm on a "distinguished road". And really can't figure out how Laffy Taffy is on the same road.

Well, when I click on my USer CP, I see my Subscribed threads, and under that, a list that says Latest Reputation received, with the number of threads on whch I received reputation. It appears that I have two blue squares and one red. I'm not sure how that adds up to a total negative, but so it does.

Now that we are discussing it, this whole feature does seem kind of arbitrary and silly. I, too, noticed how all newbies get the green square. I didn't realize they were automatically given points.

It doesn't bother me (hey, I DO have shameless behavior in my past, internet and non-internet ;) ), but it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if the whole feature was disabled.

Johnny Mac said:
Yeah, that's forum reputation. Kind of silly for only newbs to have any power. As it stands, most members are at 0, which gives them no power. Any reputation they leave would have no affect. The higher your reputation points, the more rep you can give out/take away.

I'm not sure if this forum bases any rep on post count. It's possible to make it so that X amount of posts gives you Y amount of rep points.
Ahhhh.. so all the postive rep votes I got on my shameless request added to zero (which is what mine still is) because the folks that gave rep points had zero too?

Blue/grey squares are neutral, meaning whoever gave you rep didn't have enough points of their own to affect your rep. Red is negative. So, 2 neutrals and a negative equals a negative.

Johnny Mac said:
Blue/grey squares are neutral, meaning whoever gave you rep didn't have enough points of their own to affect your rep. Red is negative. So, 2 neutrals and a negative equals a negative.
Bella, I wub you, I really do... but don't touch my rep button.

Second thought, go ahead, see if I go red. :)

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:

I shudder to think what my 'off the scale' truly means...:bricks:

Johnny Mac said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Thanks for the explanation.

(it still seems reaaaally silly).

T-ShirtDynasty said:

I just added to your rep and told you that I think you rock. :)

It's pointless, anyway. The opinions of the regular posters is what really counts. It's pretty obvious who isn't liked or respected.

Flying Fungi said:
I shudder to think what my 'off the scale' truly means...:bricks:
AHahhahah... I just gave you POSITIVE rep vote and now you're an unknown quanity. Ooops.. I didn't mean to laugh. I meant ... SORRY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down