PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: 5 yr old from Foxborough has one dying wish--to receive lots of birthday cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get a chance, check out what the Pats did for Danny:

https://www.facebook.com/newenglandpatriots

If you haven't seen the link from Fox25 showing what the post office looks like.. It's almost surreal..

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/26094379/one-happy-birthday-wish-that-came-true

Awesome news, DaBruinz. Thank you for sharing, and please remind us when your diabetes bicycling event is again next spring as well. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to donate this year due to high tuition bills, but that will not be the case any longer.

EDIT: Wow..the picture from the post office is insane!

Fantastic, happy birthday Danny.

UPDATE: Danny is going to be opening Cards and Gifts for awhile. He got 30K of cards/gifts the day before his birthday. He got another 50K+ cards/gifts on his birthday. And there are more arriving..

I think that we should write the Pats and ask them to have the Cheerleaders help Mom send out thank you cards.. Poor woman..

Popped one into the mail for him yesterday from Indiana!

I know that one doesn't have to be a parent to empathize with these folks, but, as a parent, I truly ache for them and for the idea of so sweet a life ending at so young an age. I don't know what else to say.

UPDATE: Danny is going to be opening Cards and Gifts for awhile. He got 30K of cards/gifts the day before his birthday. He got another 50K+ cards/gifts on his birthday. And there are more arriving..

I think that we should write the Pats and ask them to have the Cheerleaders help Mom send out thank you cards.. Poor woman..

I don't think his mom should worry about sending thank you notes...anyone who sent a card in the expectation that a mother dealing with the death of her young child would send a "Thank you" card to them is...well...not worth my concern...it's the last thing I'd expect for my card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes