PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: 49ers could have NFC West division clinched by Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
A 49ers win the next 2 weeks and any losses by the other teams in the NFCW clinches the West before december even arrives and temps still in 40s and 50s

I wish the Pats were in this division

Even with a struggling offense and a Putrid defense,the Pats would not have to worry about the playoffs

Divisions this weak are beyond ridiculous,and I thought last years 8-8 playoff entrant Seattle was unfair to other NFC teams with better records in other divisions,now this....

Unbelievable poor division,maybe the worst in NFL history.

And of their remaining 8 games, 5 are in the division which include 3 of their 4 remaining road games. They run the ball well and play good D. They're getting adequate QB play from Smith. If they can get by the Giants at home this week...very doable considering the Giants are likely coming off a high beating the Pats and traveling to the opposite coast...only the killer Thanksgiving game at Baltimore and the home game vs. Pittsburgh look real tough.

12+ wins is well within reach. By a team QB'd by Alex Smith. Facing the NFCE and AFCN. Not bad at all.

At the same time they have that one-and-done feel to them, though. Yet so did 7-9 Seattle last year before knocking off the champs. We'll see.

Regards,
Chris

playing the schedule we played over the first half of the season will have us battle tested if we make the playoffs. A couple of tough games with the Eagles and Bills should have us playing in top form by that time. At least we don't have to worry about the whole peaking early thing lol.

playing the schedule we played over the first half of the season will have us battle tested if we make the playoffs. A couple of tough games with the Eagles and Bills should have us playing in top form by that time. At least we don't have to worry about the whole peaking early thing lol.
Their schedule last year was tough. Beat the whole AFC playoff field, if I remember correctly. Also beat the two NFC finalists (granted sans Rodgers, but still).

Regards,
Chris

The problem with a pansy December schedule like NE has is that the team IF they can beat these teams (there is not a team I think the Pats can chalk as a win) they will go to the playoffs with literally having faced not one really good QB or defense for 5 weeks.

That is not a recipe to break the one and done problem.

They need one good test before the playoffs if they make it..Buffalo is going downhill fast so I don't think that's the biggest challenge.

Their schedule last year was tough. Beat the whole AFC playoff field, if I remember correctly. Also beat the two NFC finalists (granted sans Rodgers, but still).

Regards,
Chris

hopefully we will be playing for something in december though.

The problem with a pansy December schedule like NE has is that the team IF they can beat these teams (there is not a team I think the Pats can chalk as a win) they will go to the playoffs with literally having faced not one really good QB or defense for 5 weeks.

They need one good test before the playoffs if they make it..Buffalo is going downhill fast so I don't think that's the biggest challenge.

hopefully vick and Fitz can provide that. This offense needs to get back into rhythm.

Last edited:
Is anyone else eagerly awaiting the playoff thrashing of that fist-pumping muppet, Harbaugh?

Is anyone else eagerly awaiting the playoff thrashing of that fist-pumping muppet, Harbaugh?

Does he rub people the wrong way? Unless your name is Jim Schwartz or Pete Carroll, this is news to me.

Regards,
Chris

A 49ers win the next 2 weeks and any losses by the other teams in the NFCW clinches the West before december even arrives and temps still in 40s and 50s

I wish the Pats were in this division

Even with a struggling offense and a Putrid defense,the Pats would not have to worry about the playoffs

Divisions this weak are beyond ridiculous,and I thought last years 8-8 playoff entrant Seattle was unfair to other NFC teams with better records in other divisions,now this....

Unbelievable poor division,maybe the worst in NFL history.

I would rather be in a division where there is competition. There is no real rivalry or excitement in the NFC West. Imagine watching the Seahawks, Cards, and Rams play twice this year?

I don't mind when the Pats beat up on a good team, but beting up on a bad team is just uneventful.

Last edited:

I'm calling the Indy game a win right now :p

Good article today about how Harbaugh simplified the offense and removed sight adjustment routes, allowing Alex Smith to become a decent QB this season.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill