PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: 29 Colts show up on injury report

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? I know a team can do whatever they want but isn't this a bit much.
I Believe and bet you do as well....IF THEY WERE PLAYING US THEY WOULDN'T REST THEIR STARTERS no matter what the record.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/14/29-colts-show-up-on-injury-report/

29 Colts show up on injury report
Posted by Mike Florio on December 14, 2009 6:53 PM ET

It's Monday, which means that the teams who'll play on Thursday must submit a list of the players whose ability to participate in practice today were affected by injuries

But since the teams who'll play on Thursday also played on Sunday, they don't practice on Monday.

Still, the injury report must be respected (except when fudging it). And so teams have to estimate whether players would have practiced if there had been practice.

And if there had been practice for the Colts today, they might have needed to borrow a few players from Purdue; 29 of 53 men on the active roster would not have practiced.

That's 54.7 percent of the entire team.

Actually, two of the players -- defensive end Dwight Freeney and defensive back Antoine Bethea -- would have missed practice in order to rest.

So 27 of 53 wouldn't have practiced due to injury, which is 50.9 percent.

The list comes less than a day after team president Bill Polian vowed to rest all injured players during the coming three-week postseason preseason, and on the same day that coach Jim Caldwell said he only would hold players out of Thursday night's game if there is a "health issue."

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: OT -29 Colts show up on injury report

Polian just has to beat the Pats at everything this year, doesn't he ...

I think it's kinda funny to be honest

If they indeed choose to rest their starters, I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing them the same success they've had in playoffs past with this strategy. :D

Last edited:

If they indeed choose to rest their starters, I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing them the same success they've had in playoffs past with this strategy. :D

That's right, the Colts have taken this approach in the past and haven't done well in the play-offs.

It's a risk to play the starters through the last few games. They might get hurt. But the return is that you go into the play-offs firing on all cylinders and in sync.

I hope it bites them in the ass later

Well, Jim Caldwell said yesterday that they'd play everybody who didn't have a pre-existing injury. This gives him an excuse to rest all of said players.

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it." Colts rest players for the next 3 weeks, pluus a first round bye, equals a one and done game in the playoffs. I guess these guys forgot what has happened to them in the past.

That's right, the Colts have taken this approach in the past and haven't done well in the play-offs.

It's a risk to play the starters through the last few games. They might get hurt. But the return is that you go into the play-offs firing on all cylinders and in sync.

ya but on the other hand it takes the pressure off of going for the undefeated season and leaving the accoladed for the championship. I agree with their approach. In retrospect, we would have been better off without the additional burden of carrying an undefeated season on our backs in '07, along with TD records Brady and Moss became obsessed with.

They have 3 games to implement a strategy. Use this week as a bye. Rest up for a week and a half and play the starters for 2 quarters in 2 weeks, and then have the starters go full throttle for the final game of the season.

Thursday game for the Colts this week, so they were required to do an injury report on Monday a day after the last game.

They probably do have 29 guys dinged up on the day after a game, a bunch of teams probably do, on Monday.

And ya, Caldwell said he is treating this week like the previous 13 games, so full tilt, for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey