PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: 1998 TV show (Smart Guy) has scene of Saints BLOWING OUT the Colts in the SB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
we can only hope...funny stuff though

It's funny because at the time both the Saints and Colts were the laughing stocks of the league, and they were the last teams you would pick to play in a SB. Even the Lions were better than them.

Hope it's not a jinx because I believe it was I AM LEGEND that had showed a ticker on a building in Time Square with the Patriots defeating the Giants in the SB.

There was an episode of that late 80's tv show "Quantum Leap" of a Super Bowl with the Seahawks and Steelers, and in the Tom Clancy adaptation "Sum of All Fears", both of the Super Bowl teams had the SAME EXACT uniforms as the Seahawks/Steelers uniforms.

And then there was that Jean-Claude Van Damme movie "Sudden Death" in 1995, where the Pittsburgh Penguins were playing a Stanley Cup sudden death game 7 while terrorists were threatening to blow up the stadium. Didn't the Penguins win the Stanley Cup in game 7 last year?:eek:

And then there was "Black Sunday" - in he book version, the Super Bowl was in _New Orleans_, and in the movie version, the SB was in _Miami_:eek:

No, I don't think in any way these games are fixed(I mean these athletes are pretty gifted, it's not like a gifted WR can just "fake" speeding down the sidelines 50 yards). But nonetheless, alot of this entertainment which supposedly "predicted" this stuff can be a good laugh.

YouTube - Smart Guy Episode Predicts Super Bowl Score?

I know this is just a tv show - but this was in *1998*...WOW!

We can only wish but the Saint's have NO SHOT to win that game. Manning gets his second SB ring and we'll here that his 2 trips and wins trumps anything that Brady has ever accomplished including 4 trips, 3 wins, 5 AFCCG, TD record and almost going undefeated.

Between the Jets playoff run and Manning's 2 Bowl wins we're looking at an agonizing offseason as Patriots fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes