PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Osi Umenyiora Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBronxPats14

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If Osi is done in Giant Land and providing it's fee$able (Osi's asking price) to be worked out via pick/trade etc.......

How many here would welcome Osi, we still need Pass Rushing help
or
How many here would pass on him because there is no need because we're secure in that area, he's too old, lazy etc.

IMO if we can land him and it can be worked out monies wize I say go for him!

Thoughts???

His contract demands make it a moot issue. He's a nice player and I don't begrudge him for wanting to get paid but it's not something the Pats can or should do. If this was a case of a guy wanting to get off a loser and would take reasonable money then I'd do it in a second, but this is a guy who wants out because his team can't pay him enough, not something the pats are ever going to go after.

If Osi is done in Giant Land and providing it's fee$able (Osi's asking price) to be worked out via pick/trade etc.......

How many here would welcome Osi, we still need Pass Rushing help
or
How many here would pass on him because there is no need because we're secure in that area, he's too old, lazy etc.

IMO if we can land him and it can be worked out monies wize I say go for him!

Thoughts???

Osi wants 10 million per season. Ain't happening.

If he would sign for something reasonable then why not? I'd go as high as 8m for him, if he wants more then no thank you.

With Jones, Bequette & Scott already on the roster adding Osi means there will be the pass rushing talent to copy the Giants NASCAR package on 3rd & long.

Last edited:
Not sure what our cap space is now or if Osi's salary can be worked out over a period of time but I believe he still has a fire burning and definitely likes getting new T-Shirts in Feb. I think he just feels disrespected by Reese & Giants and maybe can be had at a reasonable deal that BB can make appealing.

If you would of polled this Wednesday I'd give you a big yes. Given the draft and the talent they were able to coral I say no.

I think someone posted a link that detailed that he said he would be no trouble as a rental until his contract expires. But given the circumstances do you believe him?

If BB pulls the trigger I'd be very surprised. Then again you never know with what he is going to do ala Randy Moss.

If you would of polled this Wednesday I'd give you a big yes. Given the draft and the talent they were able to coral I say no.

I think someone posted a link that detailed that he said he would be no trouble as a rental until his contract expires. But given the circumstances do you believe him?

If BB pulls the trigger I'd be very surprised. Then again you never know with what he is going to do ala Randy Moss.

P M exactly my thoughts too about BB. I'm getting a feelin that BB's D last couple of years must have ate him priding himself as a D guru. I'm seein an aggresive wheelin n dealin approach so anything is possible at this point.

If the Giants would take, say a 4th, next year I could certainly see value in renting Osi for a season.

He'd certainly help this team even with the new guys added.

I'd rather Jared Allen. Not for his production but for the sole purpose of Kenny Mayne having his 2 favorite personalities on the same team. 3 when Ventrone is around.

Is it just me, or do we have this thread every week? For the money that Osi wants, no thanks. Especially when we just drafted Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back