Welcome to PatsFans.com

Oscar Lua:"...the Patriots were the most interested."

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by Seneschal2, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seneschal2

Seneschal2 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Former Rajah, Trojan excited to join Moss, Bruschi on team

---

Lua was a sleeper pick of mine, and if it weren't for his knees, I would've considered him slightly higher. Love the fact that Seau is his idol. He reportedly has a strong work ethic, which he'll need to stick. And from the amount of interest expressed by the Pats, I think they plan on him making the final cuts. But of course -- he's a wait-and-see...

2. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

His lack of speed concerns me slightly, but if he can give us 75% of Lofa Tatupu's production in a few years, it's a coup for Belichick.

3. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

He was one of my UDFAs that I wanted them to sign...instead they drafted him..Heard that he likes to wtach tape..learn and really studies the game...the Patriots TYPE of player...

4. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The guy has the ideal attitude you look for. Yesterday someone posted some quotes from him saying that he taught other players at his position knowing it would mean less playing time for him because he wanted to win.

5. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I like reading that he played at 250, prototype weight for Pats ILBs. His Pro-Day weigh-in of 236 had me seeing him as the next Don Davis, STs and reserve ILB, but a kid who can reportedly stack and shed well, and who plays at the sand in pants weight for a Pats ILB, is more like it.

:singing: 'Lua, Lua, oh no, we got to go now, Yah Yah Yah Yah!'

6. sebman2112

sebman2112 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What's funny about this is that I had him as an option for NE back in febuary, but as time went on and I looked at more pospects I stopped talking about him. Back in febuary when I brought him up on espn I was told he'll be a UDFA, and some other things. I went back and looked at him about three weeks ago and I was still interested, but going on advice I didn't bother putting him in any of my mock drafts. I also think they really had interest in drafting Desmond Bishop with one of their late sixth, or where they drafted Lua, but the Packers stole him. I really don't understand why the Packers picked him, since he fits better as a run stuffer in a defense like NE's.

Now going back and looking at where some players were drafted I think next year I'm not going to allow the opinions of others to change my opinion. I also think this draft turned into something very strange after the middle of the second round.

7. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +79 / 5 / -1

#12 Jersey

The draft 'got weird" after pick #22. I lot of guys were left with second round grades and the whole thing became a bit watered down. And while I have no doubt that there were tons of players available that could help teams, I had a hard time differentaiting between #28 and #58.
    A smaller than usual red chip class is the best way I see to sum it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.