Welcome to PatsFans.com

Osama bin Laden is Dead

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I hope people take a step back. LOOK, LISTEN.....

the guy has been dead for 7 years!

does anyone actually think those tapes are real, or that the guy is still in a cave suffering from a kidney disease and always ONE step ahead of the CIA, and our military?

check your heads.

4. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Obviously someone named "weswelker#83" is gunna be faster to do anything than me....

but why isn't there more of an outcry to find out what the story is here? Why is this information common glazed over knowledge to the rest of the world? The interviewer doesn't even follow up with her about it, making it seem like he knows this information as well.

Our newscasters and reporters are not doing their jobs! Our media and government is lying. We are a joke.

6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

only those who buy the fraudulent company line are the joke... though i will admit we, as a nation, do appear to be the joke to the rest of the world... we just happen to have the guided missiles...

it's becoming more and more clear as to the true reasons why this woman was killed... she knew too much, as was letting the Hawk's big secret out of the bag...

there's lots of evidence to suggest that Osama bin Laden is dead -- this isn't new, and has been suggested by Karzai, the FBI, Musharaff, by Mossad (link broken), by the NYT and by other organizations. Bush himself famously suggested that Osama bin Laden no longer worried him. His funeral was reported in the Muslim Press.​

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

This further explains the significant redeployment out of Afghanistan and towrds the various Iraq launching points in early 2002...

From the New York Times' link above:

The Death of bin Ladenism

By AMIR TAHERI
    Published: July 11, 2002

Osama bin Laden is dead. The news first came from sources in Afghanistan and Pakistan almost six months ago: the fugitive died in December and was buried in the mountains of southeast Afghanistan. Pakistan's president, Pervez Musharraf, echoed the information. The remnants of Osama's gang, however, have mostly stayed silent, either to keep Osama's ghost alive or because they have no means of communication.

With an ego the size of Mount Everest, Osama bin Laden would not have, could not have, remained silent for so long if he were still alive. He always liked to take credit even for things he had nothing to do with. Would he remain silent for nine months and not trumpet his own survival?

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

I said that a while ago and had my head taken off for it. I believe he is dead and has been dead for some time. Al Qaeda looks very fragmented now much like the mafia did back in the 60's and 70's. They still can be dangerous in the Middle East but they needed him to be a world wide danger because he brought in the much needed $$$. The world will never be safe but with OBL dead it's a tad bit safer.

9. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

Good thing we don't allow name calling in here:rolleyes: He's probably been dead for quite a while, I could believe that. However let's not jump from there to 'bush knew about it and has orchestrated this all just to invade Iraq' If we have learned anything from the Fed it's that they can't keep secrets, especially not one this big for this long.

10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Show us the body, or at least the DNA. Osama is not dead until then.

//

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +523 / 14 / -28

If he was dead it would make a lot of sense for the Gov't to keep it quiet, because all of our high tech efforts with our heavily armed military could not do it.. someone or something else did.

This might prove to be a newsworthy item in September, when the Republicans will need a boost. At that point it may not make any difference as to how, but more that it happened and it happened during a republican administration. Thought this might have come out during the last election, but it wasn't needed as Kerry was fodder for the Rove/Republican Swift Boat Crew.

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i have to agree with your first sentence to a point...

if he is dead, and if he was buried in the foothills of eastern Afghanistan, a country which we alledgedly control now, then a concerted effort should be made to verify... (not that DNA records for verification are available for a person like OBL)...

the Bhutto reference to Omar Sheikh seems odd.. . maybe she misspoke...

still, i believe he is dead... and that his videos "since" are largely doctored, especially the latest one... you need only reflect the fact that several former CIA on the ground in Afghanistan insist that he was indeed badly wounded at Tora Bora; and that various reports had him gravely ill with kidney failure and on dialysis ...

like the NYT article said, the man had far far too enormous an ego to have stayed this quiet ...

regardless, if not our State Dept., then 60 Minutes or some brave investigative fourth estate messenger needs to go over there and talk to people and get on-the-record answers.... and maybe even exhume a grave...not that it would be easy in the least to pull off...

but, we drove the Taliban out, right? we have sympathetic tribesmen and complicit warlords there, right? (or is that a lie also?)... odd that the media remains so silent regarding the state of affairs in Afghanistan...

because if the man IS dead, and our leaders aren't admitting it openly to us, then the Bush League has been perpetuating the biggest lie at the core of a series of lies...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

There are several family members of bin Laden who are available to give DNA samples, if they haven't already done so, which I believe, actually, they have. In any case, it would not be difficult to get DNA samples for bin Laden.

I do believe that the U.S. has made a concerted effort to find out if bin Laden is dead or alive. After the Tora Bora missed chance, there was an assault on some caves that killed several of bin Laden's people, and I believe DNA was tested and came back negative.

I also believe if bin Laden *was* dead, the U.S. would waste no time in telling the whole world. Nothing would justify the U.S.'s effort these past five years more than having finally nailed the bugger who was the epicenter of 9/11 and this whole mess. I see zero upside to the U.S. govt. lying; none whatsoever -- and spare me the conspiracy theories, please. If they ever got caught in a lie about this, forget al qaeda, they'd have lynch mobs down in Washington bigger than the Million Man March.

Next, just because the Taliban were ousted does not automatically mean the country is going to be all sweetness and light! Of course, the old drug lords are going to come back and try to exploit the farmers, again. In time, they, too, will be be brought to justice. You can count on it.

//

14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

First, the White House has demonstrated that if they got caught lying about anything nothing would happen. The People are in sleep (or sheep) mode. The admin could say that there is an intact UFO in New Mexico but please pay no attention because it's not important and the somnambulating public would go right along with what the media says.

Second, the Taliban will always exist. They are like Gypsies roamiing around staying wherever they're tolerated. We cannot always be there to bail out everyone. That's not our job. However, good news for heroin dealers: since we "eradicated" the Taliban in Afghanistan, heroin production has increased exponentially and Americans can now afford smack and get it on every corner of every city. YEAY!:woohoo: I wonder which covert op the CIA is funding with the profits?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Are you joking??!!! In today's climate, the opposition party would make so much of a big deal over this it would make Clinton's thing with women look like Mr. Rogers (RIP) or Sesame Street.

C'mon, Wistah!!!

//

16. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I remember reading about the idea that even if we killed him it would be best if we didn't reveal we knew he was dead, since that would make him a martyr in the eyes of other radical muslims. That was also one theory behind why we are content to let him sit in his cave in Pakistan rather than hunt him down and kill him. He's stuck in the mountains with zero power, so he's been effectively neutralized as a threat.

As for you NEM, come on, why would Bush be held accountable for not reporting him as dead, if he is dead the terrorists are still sending out tapes showing him alive, are you really so obsessed that you think Bush should be prosecuted for not saying he's dead? Isn't it usually the other way around, you get in trouble for killing someone and saying they're still alive? At this point I think you'd suggest Bush should be convicted of treason for jaywalking. Fact is he's done nothing that constitutes treason.

17. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's right!!

People pay more attention to, wardrobe malfunction!!!Britney spears!!!!paris hilton!!!!!!!

18. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, we all know the Mainstream Media pays more attention to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, but I think if most Americans ever found out their government was lying to them as was suggested in the early post, we'd have harpies descending on Washington like there was no tomorrow, although maybe later in the year, when "Global Warming" kicks back in.

:eek:

//

19. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Look at all the lies scams surrounding the iraq war..

From the wmd's to the billions and billions being stolen over there....

Now back to anna nichole smith!

20. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, you can buy into "all the lies and scams" theory if you want, but I don't. Was there waste, fraud, and theft??? You bet. Was there the same thing in WWI, WWII, and during the Cold War?? You bet.

But to say there were "lies and scams" at the highest levels of our government, I don't believe it. Not for a minute.

//