PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ortiz has ruined my training camp buzz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do have to consider that right now is the middle of baseball season while the NFL regular season does not start for five more weeks, so even though we are all bigger football fans than baseball fans, it's completely understandable why this would be today's biggest sports story.

Regarding the way the media and fans treat performance enhancing drugs in baseball versus football, there has been a double standard since the first steroid stories surfaced many years ago, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. A football player gets caught and ends up with a four game suspension, and we just shrug it off as no big deal. A baseball player simply gets accused of the same thing and it's a national crisis.

While the NFL may have had testing in place prior to baseball doing so, there is no test for HGH. From simply looking at the players to considering their need to quickly recover from injuries, it would be very naive to think a large number of NFL players are not using PEDs.

Some of you people really need to get some hobbies.

Baseball sucks. Who cares.

I do think it's funny that A-rod got "steroid" chants at Fenway and now Ortiz got exposed for the same thing. LOL.

It's baseball season and I like baseball talk; I just can't stand steriod talk. And it just lingers on and on. I was just hoping for a little more excitement for football camp....

I am officially done with baseball!! I will no longer will I follow baseball!! Its a joke!! Im sticking to football and basketball!!

You do have to consider that right now is the middle of baseball season while the NFL regular season does not start for five more weeks, so even though we are all bigger football fans than baseball fans, it's completely understandable why this would be today's biggest sports story.

...which makes sense. But what doesn't make sense and annoys me is when it's November and December (and January) and they are still talking about baseball/the Red Sox 70+% of the time. November/December (and hopefully January and February this season) is the heart of football season... yet baseball talk never goes away. It's not even just football. The Celtics and Bruins were in the playoffs this past winter/spring and you heard more about Dice-K and the WBC than you did the Celtics other than is Garnett coming back and is Rondo a headcase... not real sports talk, just sports celebrity talk and gossip.

WTF, rather than listening to the radio and reading about football, the Boston sports world will be captivated by another steroids scandal. Everyone comes out of the woodwork to elaborate their experiences about a friend of a friend who was on the juice. Should we cheer or boo him? Who cares, is a little bit of focus on Foxboro too much to ask?

You should try steroids too. I heard they're great if you take them in your nether regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes