PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Organized thoughts about the 2009 Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Organized thoughts about the 2009 Patriots

NESN's John Chandler lists his top ten OTA (Organized Thoughts About) the 2009 Patriots:

1. Brady to Moss, welcome back
2. Fred Taylor fits
3. Paging Laurence Maroney ...
4. If not Brady, then who?
5. Michael Vick, a Patriot?
6. Still looking for an outside pass rusher
7. Speaking of cost, what's the deal with Wilfork?
8. Feeling a draft
9. Pat the Patriot -what's not to love?
10. Expanding to 18 games

Link to full article

I don't know that those would be my top ten, what's yours?

11. wow look at Edelman go!
12. Congrats on making the olympic volleyball team Watson
13.Tourettes syndrome can suck huh maroney enjoy playing with the Chiefs
14.Seymour, Wilfork Traded!
15.Superbowl 44,45 Champs
16. Koppen benched
17. Seabass Starting
18. Top ballhawking secondary?
19. 55 Tds for Tom Brady
20.Crable 12 sacks

This all shall come to pass in the next 2 seasons

16. Koppen benched
17. Seabass Starting
19. 55 Tds for Tom Brady
20.Crable 12 sacks

So let it be written. So let it be done.

16. Koppen benched
17. Seabass Starting
19. 55 Tds for Tom Brady
20.Crable 12 sacks

Winning the SB would surely be wonderful, but really--Seymour and Wilfork traded??? Good luck replacing the production, assignments, and responsibilities of 2/3 of the D line without BOTH of them.

We already went through your bold yet unheralded prediction about Maroney, hate to say it but he's not going anywhere--at least this season. Not only is he a good value cap wise, but he has tremendous talent and upside. He has proven himself valuable to this team, I really don't think he wanted to get injured, so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He will get a chance to be the #1 RB, if he isn't already. You are going to have to accept this, as it will be a fact. It would not make the slightest bit of sense to trade or release Maroney at this point.

You continue to needlessly rag on Ben Watson, but he has indeed become a much better blocker here. He seemed a little out of synch with Cassel, I'll admit that, but then again--so did Moss to some degree. The return of Brady will help Watson, I believe. And he's another who is still a good cap value, so the probability of trading him, IMO lessens.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Baker in action, as the Jets screwed up there. Other than him, who else do you see giving us the production and experience of Watson? Ben Watson like it or not, is one of our top 2 TE's. Do you want Wendy instead? Let Thomas fight it out with Smith as the #3, or maybe even let Thomas go, as he is the one underachieving.

Your assessment of TB throwing 55 TD's, and Crable having 12 sacks is quite an optimistic one--I'd be happy with half the production from both, as long as we have a shot come January.

tom brady

28 tds
6 ints
4100 yds
8.1 ypa
500 attempts
70% completions

What makes you think Moss AND Galloway will both miss the whole season?

lol, that is a terrific season though. 8.1 yds per attempt? dang, that is good. i am banking on us going into less gun formations and run more plays out of our 2 tight end packages.

I will go to my grave knowing they lost to the Giants because Morris got hurt, and the offense got more one dimensional - less time of possession being the biggest issue.

#1. Therefore the big news is the return of the balanced attack, the return of eat the clock, lower scoring smash mouth running, no 50 TD's, and a much tighter grip on the Lombardi Trophy.

#2. On D, expect one more camp cut or traded for OLB. There will be a lot of subbing, a lot less plays run by the D, and perhaps double the turnovers from last year, because teams will be getting desperate, and we have a much finer set of DB's then in some time.

#3. I expect 17-2 and another SB.

#4 this is the most talented roster the Pats have ever had.

#5 Crable, Butler, and Chung are going to show some flashes that will make us glad we have them.

#6. Either Watson or Maroney will have a miserable year, can't figure out which yet.

#7. Vick will only set foot here if he is playing for someone else, and he won't do well at all.

#8. The Colts is dead, the Colts is dead.

Last edited:
My one and only problem with Watson is his hands. I dont mind him dropping them but batting them up in the air annoys the hell out of me. I remember one instance in particular he catches the ball in his breadbasket turns gets hit in the elbow the ball goes 20 feet in the air and intercepted. Int for Tom Brady and this was during his fifty Td year also it was near the goal line I think. But this is a recurring theme as we all know.

I can't believe no one mentions the health of G Stephen Neal. He's a very effective puller on run plays and the O-Line works much better when he's in there.

But he's had durability issues, and this season may be his last with the team if he can't hold up.

And, above all else, no more injury to Brady. Without him, we miss the playoffs. Period.

I can't believe no one mentions the health of G Stephen Neal. He's a very effective puller on run plays and the O-Line works much better when he's in there.

But he's had durability issues, and this season may be his last with the team if he can't hold up.

And, above all else, no more injury to Brady. Without him, we miss the playoffs. Period.

Neal is good when healthy. Most true.

This is his last season as a Pat - really obvious. Just doesn't seem as critical as OLB, ILB, Harrison not being here, Brady back, wither Maroney, etc.

Neal is good when healthy. Most true.

This is his last season as a Pat - really obvious. Just doesn't seem as critical as OLB, ILB, Harrison not being here, Brady back, wither Maroney, etc.

While Neal's health is an issue, I can also see him switching roles and becoming a backup/OL rotation guy with fewer reps in 2010. BB has heavy emphasis on the importance of the OL. I'm thinking he would like to keep him around for another year.

I also think BB places a very high importance on both lines, which is why positions that we see as being critical (olb, ilb, db) seem to get less attention than what we would expect. With that in mind I don't think Neal is gone until BB is completely confident in his replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back