Welcome to PatsFans.com

O'Reilly to appear on The Colbert Report?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jan 3, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i love this... i can almost see Wild Bill being a good sport for about five minutes, then getting overly serious and acting indignant and trying to "reveal" Colbert's schtick for everyone to finally see... he'll make a fool of himself again, and Colbert will continue to look like a comic genius with endless amounts of material as provided by uptight righties...

Colbert and O’Reilly, face to face? The Colbert Report has temporarily reclaimed a framed photo of Bill O’Reilly — presented to Harvard University by Stephen Colbert early last month — “in anticipation of an expected appearance by Bill O’Reilly on the Colbert Report in the near future,’” a Harvard communications official says. (HT: RawStory)
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I read this today.....so good if it happens.

Question:

Does Bill O'Reilly know that he is being made fun of? that he himself is the joke?
  3. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

O'Reilly can be a pretty good sport and I will admit that Colbert is funny as hell. I'll watch this if and when its on.
  4. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think so too, Turd. O'Reilly is an up tight guy but I think he has enough sense to know its a comedy and he'll play it as such.
    Myself, I love the Colbaire repoir.
    BO'R on the show should be interesting if not humorous.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

I don't like O'Reilly but has more gonads than most of the other right wing nut jobs, at least he went on Oprah Winfrey and faced a live audience he did well in that scenario. Like to see Rush, Coulter, Malkin, Ingraham or another rightie do that.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +408 / 5 / -2

I like O'Reilly. He's obviously got his own persuasion, but he does make his positions known, and always invites opposing views on his shows. I respect that.
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Joe Scarborough was on Colbert Report a few months ago, and I have to admit it gave me a lot of respect for him. He was funny, loved the Colbert Report (said him and his wife watch it every night, and knew a lot of the inside jokes), and generally didn't come off as a blowhard.

I think if O'Reilly is on the Colbert Report it will be an awesome, Colbert pretending to fall all over him while making back-handed remarks.
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

John Stewart and Colbert appear to be in a contest to see who can shine a light on the cons most completely and embarrasingly. Stewart ripped Bill Kristol apart most recently, and it was so bad I actually felt sorry for that jackass Kristol. Its Colberts turn to try and outdo that. It will be pretty tough. Compared to Kristol, O'Reilly looks like a genius.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Never feel sorry for Bill Kristol! That dude is a horrible man....

On March 17, 2003, on the eve of our invasion of Iraq, Bill Kristol wrote the following:

We are tempted to comment, in these last days before the war, on the U.N., and the French, and the Democrats. But the war itself will clarify who was right and who was wrong about weapons of mass destruction. It will reveal the aspirations of the people of Iraq, and expose the truth about Saddam's regime. It will produce whatever effects it will produce on neighboring countries and on the broader war on terror. We would note now that even the threat of war against Saddam seems to be encouraging stirrings toward political reform in Iran and Saudi Arabia, and a measure of cooperation in the war against al Qaeda from other governments in the region. It turns out it really is better to be respected and feared than to be thought to share, with exquisite sensitivity, other people's pain. History and reality are about to weigh in, and we are inclined simply to let them render their verdicts.

If I ever saw this guy, I would run at him and punch him in the face. Stand him up, and launch drop-kicks at his chest until my legs fell off.

hatred.
  10. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He is a neo-cons neo-con. A man with no concern for any peoples plight but Israelis.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +408 / 5 / -2

Isn't he Jewish?
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

no....he is EVIL.

A spawn of Satan if you will.
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +408 / 5 / -2

Ah, so why not tell us how you really feel?

Anyways, why is Bill Kristol evil, and a spawn of Satan? I've only read his article and seen him on TV a few times.
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

Don't worry about O"Reilly, he can handle that guy.

Jon Stewart is Jewish, I wonder how he feels when he Trashes The Bush America the only country on the Planet that gives two sh!ts about Israel.

Would you call Stewart/Franken/Striesand/Chevy Chase/etc,etc Traitors, if I was Jewish I would.

Bush/America are the only friends that Israel has in the whole world.
  15. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Being Jewish doesn't mean supporting everything Israel does, though I bet you would be that kind of Jew.
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

I certainly would, I am loyal to my family and my country, they aren't always right but I'm there if they need me.
    Stewart trashes America and his President "For Money And Fame" not for his beliefs, he is trash.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  17. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So if you were a German citizen in 1938 you would have supported Hitler?
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

William Kristol, Chairman
  19. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

World Class Propagandist to boot...

Go ahead and give to the Libby defense fund while you are at it. Poor Libby, just like Bill Clinton, he lied under oath.
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Ah yes... the battle we've all been waiting for... Jury selection begins in a scant 11 days.... I can not WAIT for this trial to begin...