Welcome to PatsFans.com

Oprah Apparently Afraid of Sarah Palin

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Sep 5, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

The largest percentage of Oprah's audience is women over the age of 55. Four times as many women watch Oprah as men do. So let's see Oprah was afraid of doing to much for Hillary and now Oprah is voting "PRESENT" on having Sarah Palin. I have to read racism comments in this forum everyday. So if Oprah decides not to have Palin all you members crying racism of Obama can shove those comments up you know where. http://www.newsroomamerica.com/politics/story.php?id=430318
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Oprah is one of the "nice racists"
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

First of all, let me say that Oprah, outside of ther political involvement, does a lot for people who are disadvantaged, and is great with charity. I think she's an honorable person. I like Oprah personally, even if I don't agree with her politics. That being said, why is it that it's ok for a black person to support the black candidate, or the female to support the female candidate, but not ok for the angry white guy to support the other angry white guy candidate? But I digress...

As for the thread topic specifically, if you were Sarah Palin, why on earth would you want to knowingly walk through an ambush like that? Going on Oprah would mean subjecting yourself to an Obam-uh firing squad. Does anyone doubt that her script would be written by the Obam-uh camp? I'd be surprised if she would go on there.

Oh, Oprah can have whomever she wants on her show. If she doesn't want Palin, then that is her perogative.
  4. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Assuming the unnamed source on the drudge report is telling the truth I would not care....

She is not a journalist.

And she is very open about who she is supporting for president.

She doesn't invite guests she doesn't like.
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't say scared........ She clearly doesn't want to do anything to hurt her Obamessiah. I can appreciate that. But even she has to be careful. The decision could backfire on her. Not that people that watch her would be openly supportive for someone like Palin, but they certainly would want to discuss the issues with her in Oprah's forum.

Women will be particularly sensitive to slight's (real or imagine) against Palin, even by other woman, just as the were for the Shrillary. Prime example, my wife is a dyed in the wool conservitive, but she was OVERLY (IMO) sensitive to all the sh!t Hillary went through.

Call it irrational, but I wouldn't underestimate it.

Personally, I'm with TGIAGH, I got no issue with it. She has to be carefuly though, but I'm sure knows that too.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Black votes for Black----Good
    White votes for White---bad racist white mother f-ckers

Everytime I mention the double standard I am the one accused of racism by the pandering a$s kissing politically correct phony's.

:bricks:
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

People should vote for someone because they believe in the person, and what their policies will do to better the country. They shouldn't vote for selfish reasons.
  8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +481 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Because you are a strong person ... that's why. Oprah's show and Oprah herself is all about human interest, helping others, and mostly stories that inspire others. Sarah Palin is one more person who can inspire others but yet oprah balks at her. Oprah needs to shed her racism also as she wants whites to do. what good is it for whites to shed their racism (many are and have) if Oprah continues to cling to the past.

BTW ... listen to Obama speak a bit more closely. One thing I do love about him is that HE DOES NOT CLING TO THE PAST. Some people that support Obama cling ... Barack does not and i applaud him for that.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -10

It would be nice if you had a smidgen of a clue as to what constitutes racism FBN...but you don't.

It's Oprah's show...she has zero obligation to be fair and impartial. She wants Obama to win and that is 100% ok, would you not agree?

She has no desire to help McCain's chances so she won't have Palin on her show. The fact that her staff may want her on the show counts for nothing since they work for Oprah. Did you actually think it should be a democratic process or someting?:confused:
  10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +481 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Oprah wants woman to succeed ... but not Sarah Palin. Oprah's audience wants Sarah Palin so i guess
    Oprah could care less what her audience wants because her audience is predominantly white women over the age of 55. Smidge of a clue ... :rofl: ... you guys need to get off the web and see the real world.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Well, if she's supporting Obam-uh cuz she wants her fellow black man to win, then it could be construed as racist. I'm not saying that's the case though.
  12. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +89 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Oprah is going to be very pissed if McCain/Palin get elected, because she would have to relinquish her "most powerful woman in America" hat.

Look it is Oprah's show, her money, she can do what she wants. It's called Capitalism.

That being said, could you image the ratings she would get if she put Palin on, the only thing that is stopping her, is politics, because she does not wish to help McCain/Palin. So in the end, you have to tip your hat to Oprah, because, she has chosen her beliefs (in Obama) over money.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

She has an obligation to her fans (mostly left wing white females) I bet they would love to hear the Queen ask the tough questions of Sarah, the title of this thresd says it all "Oprah Is Afraid" Sarah is a real threat to The Messiah Holy man.

Another thing, it is very possible that Sarah wouldn't be caught dead on the Oprah Winfrey Show with all those squealing screaming silly white left wing females, Sarah seems above all that shit.
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -10

That still wouldn't be racist. You can want someone to win for any reason and it's not really racist. But when someone DOESN'T want someone to win because of the their race, then that is definately racism.

You can want McCain to win because he's white and it's not racism but if you vote for McCain because you don't want a black man to be president, then that is definately racism. Kinda splitting hairs here I know.
  15. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +481 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3os.htm

ANY of the candidates Oprah?
  16. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I betting you view her refusal to have Thomas Clarance on her show when he was prompting a book is also racism. :confused:

She doesn't invite people on the show she doesn't like.
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 1 / -10

If I was Oprah and someone asked me why I made a decision to not have Palin on the show, my answer would be

"Because I can"
  18. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

It is irrelevant anyway. Palin wouldn't have gone on the show anyway.
  19. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +89 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Why??

Bush has been on, why do you think that Palin wouldn't. Do you honestly think that Palin couldn't handle the tough question from Oprah?

Look this election is steering towards female voters, any candidate would be an idiot not to accept an invite to the Oprah show.
  20. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +900 / 18 / -25

No Jersey Selected

[​IMG]

MINGEE!

Seriously though, if the democrats cannot win this election by a landslide then that's completely pathetic. Bush has practically handed the Democrats this election on a silver platter with his 8 years in office.