OPPOSING VIEWS: Young Set to Return For Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
By: Ian Logue

Here are some reports out of Detroit from the Lions point of view heading into tomorrow night's game against the Patriots....

By: Ian Logue

Here are some reports out of Detroit from the Lions point of view heading into tomorrow night's game against the Patriots....

Quote: "And finally, the Detroit News has an article on the fact that Brady told the media that he’s not afraid of the Lions pass rush, and they give their thoughts on that in this article."

This doesn't seem right--the article you linked to says the opposite, that the Lions DL isn't afraid of Brady or the fast tempo of the Pats' game. No comments by Brady are mentioned.

Quote: "And finally, the Detroit News has an article on the fact that Brady told the media that he’s not afraid of the Lions pass rush, and they give their thoughts on that in this article."

This doesn't seem right--the article you linked to says the opposite, that the Lions DL isn't afraid of Brady or the fast tempo of the Pats' game. No comments by Brady are mentioned.

My bad - I was in a rush to finish up and head off to work and only read the description that came through on my feed, which apparently was wrong. I've fixed it.

Thanks for the links. Always good to hear/read the local papers in advance.

Are the Lions appropriately confident in themselves, like any professional sports team should be, or are they edging into being a bit disrespectful?

Detroit Lions - NFL | Patriots QB Tom Brady doesn't scare Lions' defense | The Detroit News

The Lions, who will face quarterback Tom Brady and the fast-paced Patriots offense on Saturday, don't see what all the fuss is about.

"It's not anything we haven't faced," said defensive tackle Corey Williams. "It's not like it's new. It's the same speed we are used to playing at."

The Lions aren't exactly turtle-paced on offense. They too like to attack at a fast tempo.

"It's no different from what we practice against every day," coach Jim Schwartz said of the Patriots offense. "It's not like we have to get ready for anything new."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes