PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OPPOSING VIEWS: Mood in Pittsburgh is Pretty Grim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to hear they think the Steelers are going to lose. I'm also glad that BB and TFB won't take the Steelers lightly even though Big Ben won't be there. Although I try to teach myself a lesson all the time, I still get over confident sometimes. Like week 4 this year, against Buffalo. :)

I think our week one win in Arizona should serve as a reminder not to take this game easy just because Roethlisberger isn't playing.

As long as Mike Tomlin is still coaching, I choose to remain confident about our chances of success.

I actually think Tomlin is a decent coach, crippled by their owner and GM and he ends up either a goat or hero on Sunday depending on the day Haley's having. If Haley's been thinking his office was bugged, they kill it. He get's comfy, they suck.

Then there's the D. Between Butler and Peezy, they can't tote LeBeau's jock, and their choice of outside linebacker's have been killing them. Pittsburgh's defense has been absolutely awful for several years, and its the reason they've only made the playoffs a handful of times while having an all pro QB in the rapist during that span.

NE wins this game big this week even if by some miracle the rapist plays.

That said...

F*ck Pittsburgh and their petulant fans. They are literally the worst. Between the piss colored flags and the majority of them clinging on to the dropped Franco ball, roid filled ******** of the 70's, I can't wait to see another Patriots beatdown of them on their own damn field...AGAIN...on Sunday.

F******cccckkkk Pittsburgh.
They are also the most butthurt of all the fan bases by Patriot losses. I go to their boards alot. Many of them literally think the Pats just knew all their plays all the time. I hate the Pittsburgh fans the most of all. They are the ones holding on to the spygate ******** the hardest mostly because of the constant Pats drubbings they received. Worst idiot fans in the league and that surprises me a lot of the time.

Just a cautionary note here. When the Pats were getting ready to play the Cardinals on JG's first start, the mood on this board wasn't a whole lot better. It was safe to say most of us were hoping we could keep it competitive throughout the game, but few honestly expected a win, let alone watch a game the pats controlled and would have dominated except for 2 TO's.....and THAT was in AZ.

So here we have a situation where Jones has had several starts and some wins. He has the advantage of a very good home field advantage, and some of the best offensive skill players in the league will be available to him. The Steelers are also getting back a couple of defensive starters this week including Ryan Shazier, who is very interesting since he is exactly the hybrid LB/S who has both the size and speed to POTENTIALLY cause some problems with our TE's

Clearly, given the situation, the #1 threat is going to be LBell, but even with Jones, you can't entirely try to shut down the run when they have 3 excellent receivers to threaten your perimeter, including the best in the league.

That being said, I fully expect the Pats to win this game, even though its on the road, but those who think it won't be a competitive game are fooling themselves. Before Rothlessberger's injury the Steelers looked like the most dangerous opponent the Pats could face in getting to the Superbowl. You would think by now that we would understand that football is NOT a one man game. That Steeler team is certainly weakened by Rothlessberger's injury, but they didn't just suddenly become the Browns overnight.

You would have thought that we might have learned the lesson of just how good EVERY NFL team is, with what we saw in the first 36 minutes of last Sunday's game, and that one was in our stadium. I will be pleasantly surprised if the game next Sunday doesn't go in a similar fashion, with the Pats fighting for their lives for the better part of 3 quarters before pulling away in the 4th.

And if the Pats somehow decide that this is the game they will play their B game with a few TO's and some sloppy play....... :eek:
>>He has the advantage of a very good home field advantage

The Pats and particularly Brady roll in that stadium.

His biggest break was Pats Divisional loss to Jets in 2010.
Pats losing to Denver in Divisional 2005 second biggest break. (both their SBs they were spared the Pats at home in AFCCG

But the mood is always grim in Pittsburgh so not much has changed.

lawrence-timmons-pittsburgh-steelers-puke-2.gif

They are also the most butthurt of all the fan bases by Patriot losses. I go to their boards alot. Many of them literally think the Pats just knew all their plays all the time. I hate the Pittsburgh fans the most of all. They are the ones holding on to the spygate ******** the hardest mostly because of the constant Pats drubbings they received. Worst idiot fans in the league and that surprises me a lot of the time.
As noted MANY times by then-HC Bill Cowher, the Steelers used a wristband system and did not relay any plays in with hand signals.

The fans that you are talking about are completely clueless and have no reasonable response to those facts.

One thing, at least they are not total in-bred ****ies like the Colt fans are

There used to be a pretty good poster from Pittsburgh who would come to the board and talk knowledgeably about football, was hoping he'd show up again this week but no sign of him.

538 is picking the Steelers to win the game. o_O

Without Big Ben, they have a right to be gloomy. That offense was looking pretty good before.

Pats don't think that way without TB12.

Patriots win by 10 with Ben /20 without. What' the difference.

Another thing about Pitt I was thinking. In 2001 AFCCG we got TWO Special teams TD's on sick plays by Brown... Teddy recovered a Kordell fumbled snap on our side of the field... Bledsoe threw a TD... we got like 2 picks also.. (An ass drubbing in other words.. a thrashing of the home team)

In 2004, yeah Brady was awesome, but Rodney took their rookie QB 80 yards for pick 6.... And Rothlisberger threw another pick on first series.. we stuffed them on another 4 and 1.. Their lame believe that Spygate had anything to do with what these embarassing losses for them in their own house is just plain idiotic and not worthy of a 6 ring fan base. I would like to think there are alot of smart football fans in a region with a team like they had in the 70s.

I live in Pittsburgh. My good friend,who is a HUGE Steeler fan, told me he is literally not watching the game.

and he's a glass half-full type of guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey