Opportunities missed, mistakes made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sums it up, I think

Agreed. 1 TD on any of our drives after the opening 2nd half one would've put the game away. 1 FG on any of those drives would've made it extremely tough for the Giants.
Plenty of opportunities, failed to capitalize.

Tough game between 2 evenly matched and eqaully flawed teams.
Giants made the plays and deserved to win.

Yes three FF fumbles and no recoveries. One dismissed by a penalty. The other two somehow recovered by New York. Brady also forced that throw on the INT. I know he's not faced but he had no one around him he could have picked up decent yardage. Then their was the safety which killed a potential drive. Wes Welker and to a lesser extent the drops by Branch and Welker really hurt. Wes' especially.

What kills me is the Welker missed catch. I thought the defense overall did a decent job keeping them out of the endzone. However when the giants had the ball and the pats only had a 2 point lead I knew we were cooked. No way the pats would be able to keep them out of FG range.

Toughest thing in sports is when you have a devastating loss like this when it's so close..if you're going to lose, lose in a blowout...the close ones always hurt more IMO

Spot on Deus. There's nothing else that needs to be said, written or spoken about.

I blame the defense. "bend but don't break", my ass. they bent like a $2 hooker

This game was kind of a compilation of deja vu's from throughout the season. When it is said that one play doesn't determine the outcome of a game, this game is a collection of a dozen or more plays that illustrate the concept. When we need a 1st down, we shoot ourselves in the foot, if we need a stop on third we give up big yardage. It happened throughout the season and continued tonight. Won't say too much more tonight, kind of emotional, but throughout the game I kept thinking that we learned very little from our mistakes during the season.

What kills me is the Welker missed catch. I thought the defense overall did a decent job keeping them out of the endzone. However when the giants had the ball and the pats only had a 2 point lead I knew we were cooked. No way the pats would be able to keep them out of FG range.

Sad but true..The Welker drop was the game.

I blame the defense. "bend but don't break", my ass. they bent like a $2 hooker

Seems like a simplistic approach. All phases had issues that contributed:

Coaching
Offense
Defense
Special teams

That about sums it up Deus :( and it's a sucky way to lose a game.

Welker drops the ball, Manningham catches it.

That's the difference.

Same here. When we couldn't convert, I knew we were done for. I hate that helpless feeling. I was hoping for a miracle f*ck up like the Ravens did on their last drive, but I knew that our defense wouldn't be able to stop them.

Sad but true..The Welker drop was the game.

every phase of the team made mistakes which collectively led to the loss. None of the experts ideas of giant pass rush or cruz vs edelman came into picture. Shows how much people saying giants were the better team knew.
Came down to 4th quarter play. They made the plays , we didnt. Turnover battle lost is usually a loss..first time pats didnt force a turnover since the jet game in foxboro.

The play that bugs the crap out of me is the running play on the series when Welker dropped the ball. The Patriots drove down into Giants territory, showed a jumbo set, announced they were running, Mankins whiffed and BJGE lost 2 yards. 2nd and 12. Incomplete pass. Then the throw to Welker.

I am glad BOB is gone.

They got down there by mixing run with pass and keeping the Giants guessing, and mostly the Giants guessed wrong. They couldn't get pressure on Brady, they did passingly on the runs, but they let the Patriots drive.

Then BOB shows run, and runs. STOOPID.

Mankins really bugs me. Why does he whiff when it matters the most. Brian Waters outplayed him all year.

Like I said in the game thread, `Welker makes that catch and it's hard to believe we don't win this game. Gonna be hard to look at welker and see him gettin top 5 WR money when any other top 5 WR makes that catch.

1) Megatron
2) Fitzgerald
3) A. Johnson
4) Welker
5) Jennings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes