Opinions on Felger and Fauria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike the Brit

Minuteman Target
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sperham said:
Pats Fan, but more importantly PR guy from Comcast SportsNet (full disclosure here).

We are running a Pats training camp show, Pats Camp Report 2008, this week at 7:30 and I am looking for feedback. It's hosted by Michael Felger with analysis from Christian Fauria.

Do you have thoughts on the on-air talent, good or bad?
Is your fandome so serious that you will dedicate a half hour on the practice (not a gam), practice?

Sperham has just registered with Patsfans.com and, since he can't start threads on the main board yet, I thought I'd copy his post over.

My answer:

Fauria? Great! (Mrs Fauria, even better. :))

Felger? Well I won't say anything but just use the search function on this board. :eek:

To Sperham via MtB:

"Is your fandome so serious that you will dedicate a half hour on the practice (not a gam), practice?" Could we have that in English?

Oh, and Felger is a tool.

7:30 PM I assume? On what channel?

Yes, would absolutely devote a half-hour to any kind of Patriots talk.

Felger? Does it have to be Felger? What, Borges wasn't available.

Seriously, can't you find someone who doesn't smirk everytime he opens his mouth? Not everything has to have an angle or be controversial to be interesting. Nor does it have to cover the superstars. It doesn't all have to be about Brady or Moss or what do they do without Asante. It's ok to talk about the RBs or the TEs or, omigod, the linemen.

Thanks for asking our opinions. You're sure to get more.

As an avid Football fan and rabid Patriots fan, yes I would watch this show.

As far as Felger goes - he's become the Meterperel of local TV Sports. To quick to be a contrarian just for controversy, story and my guess, ego. Fauria (I'm a woman) is eye candy for sure, and since he was a member of the team - can provide some insight we may not get otherwise. However, a speech and public communication class couldn't hurt him? :)

Too bad it couldn't be Reiss or Curran. People that don't go overboard in inflecting their opinion onto a piece.

Last edited:
I would definitely watch a 30 minute segment covering the training camp practices. Especially with 2 a days, there should be enough info to fill the time. I'm on here 20 times a day looking for new info and reports...30 minutes is nothing :)

As for the talent, Felger has hated on this board for his negative, contrarian view about anything regarding the pats in recent years. However, he filled in well I thought last week on WEEI, so maybe that was just a role. Fauria should be able to give some insights, like what the coaches are looking for or hoping to accomplish with a certain drill.

You should find a way to get Mike Reiss into a segment. You will find on this board that people overwhelmingly think of him as the best pats beat reporter.

PatsWickedPissah - show is on Comcast SportsNet - channel 52 on most comcast systems. The HD feed is 852.

As for Felger - he would tell you that he is not playing the roll of the contrarian. He says what he believes and as an outsider he feels that he is more objective than the born and bred in Boston reporter/personality.

PatsWickedPissah - show is on Comcast SportsNet - channel 52 on most comcast systems. The HD feed is 852.

As for Felger - he would tell you that he is not playing the roll of the contrarian. He says what he believes and as an outsider he feels that he is more objective than the born and bred in Boston reporter/personality.
A lot of people here might feel they got their fill of 'objective outsiders' last year. When you've circled the wagons, you tend to lose your trust in those outside.

Really....frankly, I find that a pile of manure..FUNNY that when he was on ESPN starting out, his show was actually quite good and listenable. Although ALL of a sudden when ratings were not good, his contrarian views were formed and became large. Objective?? please...he's a pompous ***hole at best; frankly I really find his credibility quite low. Might I watch?? Probably..because I like football talk..but really Curran or Reiss bring a whole lot more to the table.

You should find a way to get Mike Reiss into a segment. You will find on this board that people overwhelmingly think of him as the best pats beat reporter.

Reiss, Curran and Albert Breer have been the best reporters on the Patriots recently by a mile, in my opinion. They are far from being "fans with keyboards" (unlike us!)

I will stomache Felger, as I have been, to watch any thing related to the Patriots. It's on every night this week at 7:30Pm on ComcastSportsNet.

Even felger will make a good point once in a great while when he stops blowing wind to stroke his own ego.

Fauria should be interesting.

Last edited:
The good news is we will have Curran and Breer as regulars throughout the year on MS Sports Tonight.

I don't believe they will be part of Pats Camp Report 2008 this week however.

What other people would you like to hear from and what are you most trusted outlets for Pats content (beyond this space of course)?

Are there players who you think would be good on TV?

A few years ago, Felger was one of the best.

Since then, he has evidently decided that being controversial gets more listeners. I don't know it that is true or not, but FSNE lost this listener quite a while back. I understand that it is now Comcast as every so often, if there is news, I turn the show on, but he is hard to take. He'll pick one aspect of anything and turn things black. The last game, the worst game, a college performance ... it doesn't seem to matter as long as it's negative.

It grew tiresome and I just gave up on him and the TV show.

He might be right in that his contrary views for the sake of being contrary draw in some viewers, but after his act gets stale, they leave.

Fauria is good. Nice down-to-earth commmentary with lots of insider bits. He seems to have a knack for what is interesting to viewers vice what might be interesting to players. Many would-be player-commentators never learn that.

I suppose I will watch all the shows, even with Felger on, because I want to see Patriot stuff.

So that I won't feel badly having to listen to Felger, I will look forward to sending snailmail letters to the sponsors telling them that the show is trashing the Patriots and I will not buy their products as long as they are sponsors.

Then I can watch and not be too annoyed at the show for having him on.

As for the talent, Felger has hated on this board for his negative, contrarian view about anything regarding the pats in recent years. However, he filled in well I thought last week on WEEI, so maybe that was just a role.

Yeah, Felger's Borges Jr. act is just that, an act. I do agree that Felger was back to the old Felger on WEEI last week. He still doesn't know crap about baseball, but when it came to football he was insightful and objective. I guess when he isn't responsible for ratings, he doesn't need to be controversial.

I'll watch, but then I have to put up with my wife moaning over how "gorgeous" Fauria is. :mad:

The good news is we will have Curran and Breer as regulars throughout the year on MS Sports Tonight. That IS good news

What other people would you like to hear from and what are you most trusted outlets for Pats content (beyond this space of course)? Apart from the people mentioned, Shalize Manza Young is an excellent, very professional reporter.

Are there players who you think would be good on TV? I don't know if you saw Benjamin Watson's speech to Massachusetts scholar-athletes. It was WONDERFUL -- funny, intelligent, modest and inspiring. But I don't know if a current Patriot can really speak freely and critically about the team.

ten characters

Looking forward - who do you think would be good?

Vrabel?
Bruschi?
Brown?
Harrison?

Looking forward - who do you think would be good?

Vrabel?
Bruschi?
Brown?
Harrison?

I'm kind of partial to Rodney , but that's me. Big Vince bringing the heat would be good too.:rocker:

Sperham has just registered with Patsfans.com and, since he can't start threads on the main board yet, I thought I'd copy his post over.

My answer:

Fauria? Great! (Mrs Fauria, even better. :))

Felger? Well I won't say anything but just use the search function on this board. :eek:

Fauria is fine , Felger is a know nothing jerk !

The good news is we will have Curran and Breer as regulars throughout the year on MS Sports Tonight.

What other people would you like to hear from and what are you most trusted outlets for Pats content (beyond this space of course)?

Are there players who you think would be good on TV?

John Tomase is the best. Definitely book him.
:help:

I'd love to see Troy Brown make an appearance on the show and bring some insight.

I find Christopher Gasper from the Globe to be a reasonable and thoughtful presence on most programs (and he's one of the few sports writers I find enjoyable to read), but I don't know if he is available to anything other than NESN (just a guess, I really have no idea).

Felger is mistaken in that he thinks "the sky is falling" equals objectivity. It doesn't. Tempered criticism is the most entertaining/interesting; Felger doesn't seem to get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes