PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OPINION: Wes Welker for Ocho Cinco

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote this as the worst thread in 2008.

Already.

I can't imagine a more horrible thread being created in the next 10 months.

that's how much this thread sucks.

Are you insane?

Are you insane?

Yeah! We can come up with much stupider threads!

theskyisfallingtheskyisfallingtheskyisfalling,

PFnV

Re: Wes Welker for Ocho Cinco

In a heartbeat although it would never happen. I mean good lord. Chad Johnson is a much better receiver than Wes Welker. It's far easier to find slot receivers than game breaking studs like Johnson. It just amazes me how many fans fall in love with guys and don't think rationally. Chad Johnson for Wes Welker is a no brainer.

Agree. Someone would have to be braindead to pass up Wes for Chad. Much easier to replace Wes than to pick up a Chad type of player. The Pats would terrorize the NFL with Chad and Randy on the outside.

Last edited:

If I wasn't already thinking this was stupid, I'd thank you for posting this. Rule of thumb, whatever NSA says, do the opposite.

Yeah, I know. Now that I know that NSA agrees with my original position, I'm switching it. Sorry everyone, I was clearly wrong.

Good offenses can blow it in the Superbowl but so can good defenses. Last year the result was counter to your claim. A good offensive team (the Colts) beat a good defensive team (the Bears). In reality, the best teams are balanced, though offense or defense may not be exactly equal.

You are right about balance being needed, but the play from the colts offense is not what allowed them to get over the hump, it was the clutch play by their defense.

The point I was trying to make is that if you have two recievers taking up 20 million of the teams cap, you are not going to be able to get very deep on defense.

Agree. Someone would have to be braindead to pass up Wes for Chad. Much easier to replace Wes than to pick up a Chad type of player. The Pats would terrorize the NFL with Chad and Randy on the outside.

I agree that Chad is a better talent, but I don't see him playing for 3 mill a year.

There is something called a salary cap and paying 20 mill at least for two receivers is just not smart.

Talent is not the only thing that matters, team chemistry must exist to be successful.

Sanvara and National Idiot Disgrace in bed together...talk about "Paradise By The Dashboard Light"...

Welker is our running game. He keeps the defense honest to honor the 3 step drop, over the middle stuff,etc...Chad would be a great compliment to Randy, but our offense is predicated on timing. If we have deep threats that both need alot of time...that will expose our OL(RE:superbowl). To not use Chad and Randy as that deep threat would be misusing them. To ask them to be a #2 or slot, would be a waste. They may not be elusive enough to avoid the big hit like Welker does so well....That said, he would be the PERFECT guy to replace Stallworth.

Wouldn't even consider it.

WW is the man I love Chad Johnson, I honestly don't believe BB would put up with that kind of personality/ selfishness on his own team.
I think he's entertained by it but not on his ballclub.
Since it's another club like all of us he's human he get's a kick out of seeing the guy perform.
Probably thinks it's hilarious that Marvin Lewis has to deal with it.

this is similar to the same sort of talk of "would you trade troy brown for randy moss straight up" back in brown's best years.

no no no, welker is the man

this is similar to the same sort of talk of "would you trade troy brown for randy moss straight up" back in brown's best years.

I can only imagine the posts on that topic. Would love to see them.

No WW for 85, BTW.

Trade Welker for Cinco? Do I look like a crazy person to you?:p

Is this some kind of joke? :eek:

I move to lock this thread...

Chad is a good WR, but we already have outside guys (and a better one), Welker just had what 12, 13 cathces in the Superbowl? Chad didn't even lead his team in catches. Welker led the league, what more could you possible have asked for from Welker.

Brady now has a full year under his beat working with the Welker, Moss, Gaffney, combo, the Pats offense is all about making adjustments, and the QB and the WR being on the same page, I expect them to acutally be better this year, than last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes