PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OPINION: Sign Moss too, to a 5 yr extension!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't get it.

To expect Tate in his third year to be our starting Y and Price in his second to be our starting X... yikes. I'd rather take Moss for a year or two more.

Of course I get it: You said "rookie" when you meant something else.

Beyond that, though, you had a very eloquent argument, I think, even though you and I diverge as to what the best approach is, to take.

Moss is still one of the premier deep threats in the league even at his age. If Brady really wants him here, he'll be here. Personally, I'd love to see the team sign Moss to a two or three year contract after 2010.

Moss has EXACTLY one more year of usefulness left:

1 ~ Gronk + Hernandez will be fully developed as imposing Red Zone Targets.
2 ~ Welker will be more than 18 months removed ~ a year, hence ~ from his Injury, and the WORST likely scenario is that his effectiveness is reduced to a Troy Brown level for the next 10 years. Any complaints??
3 ~ Edelman will be entering his 3rd year, and is already RAPIDLY improving.
4 ~ Tate will, as well, be entering his 3rd year, and should EXPLODE.
5 ~ Price will be entering his 2nd year, and should produce a BIG spike in Productivity.

Really, to me, the only real question is: Is it realistic to think we can work a Sign + Trade for Randy...or will we have to settle for a 3rd Rounder Comp in 2012??

Most WR prospects take a few years to translate to the pros, which is unless Tate/Price/Hernandez/Gronk pull a magic rabbit out of their collective rear-ends and become extremely effective receivers.

You...DO remember that Branch + Givens were BOTH in their 2nd years in 2003, when they were #1 and #2 in Receiving Yards for that Championship team...RIGHT?? ;)

NO?

I didn't THINK so!! :eek: :rofl:

You...DO remember that Branch + Givens were BOTH in their 2nd years in 2003, when they were #1 and #2 in Receiving Yards for that Championship team...RIGHT?? ;)

NO?

I didn't THINK so!! :eek: :rofl:

Oh word? The teams #1 and #2 receivers are 1/2 in yards for the team? I'm gonna go twitter this news to Schefter. And although I used Rookies to describe year 2 players, I believe the definition in a literal sense still applies.

Common dude, small sample size. That was also a much more balanced team than ours. Generally speaking if you have almost all rookie/young receivers you're in trouble unless they're truly special.

With Charles Woodson re-signing with the Packers, I think Randy Moss should get an offer. He would have legitimate beef with Woodson being taking care of and not him.

I'm not his #1 fan and I don't believe in signing aged veterans, but he definitely has value for the Pats and is probably the most talented WR on the possible radar for 2010. Does anyone think Taylor Price or Brandon Tate will be able to fill half of Moss' shoes?

Hopefully they reward him toward the end of the season, yet I don't see too many teams looking to make a move for him. The Cowboys just locked up Austin, the Redskins could be a player, but I don't see Mike Shanahan wanting any piece of that. But who knows? A lot can change after 5 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back