PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OPINION: Moss silence likely strategic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Not Franchising Moss Backfires

You're kidding, right?

No, he's serious - but that's only because he's never personally had to root for a team that has a disgruntled Moss on it all year. ;)

Re: Moss silence likely strategic

Another thought:

Could Moss be more injured than we thought? He looked broken in the playoffs and missed the Pro Bowl due to "injury". Perhaps it is the Pats who don't want Moss back. Perhaps Moss's ongoing leg injury is now at the point where his future is looking doubtful. Maybe even Tommy B is resigned to not having Moss return.

Yea, actually I can see reasons that they might not announce right away. What I don't see is the advantage to Moss for not announcing that there is NO deal. So I guess I'm in the camp of "they've got a deal" but are waiting until other teams go through their buying frenzy of the 1st few days.
Again, PC87, you're one of the most insightful and level-headed posters on this board. I agree 100%.

I guess it's possible, but If Randy isn't signed, it's probably because they haven't reached an agreement.

....................... :yeahthat:

Relax people!!!

If Moss was leaving, you would be reading articles about him visiting other teams. To my knowledge, there have been no such visits or reports of visits. If he was planning on visiting other teams, the media would be all over it. Therefore, it is safe to assume Moss will be back.

Again, PC87, you're one of the most insightful and level-headed posters on this board. I agree 100%.

Thank you ma'am/sir, you are too kind!:p

Re: Not Franchising Moss Backfires

ther is no one i would want coaching the pats other than belicheck and pioli as talent guru, that said , we do have a right to question their moves , dont we? football in the nfl is tough business its not about keeping pampered athletes happy thats my point, with your rationale no club should frnchise plaers because it might upset them, geez, also moss took a discount but the pats helped him by giving him a second chance , so he should owe the pats something for that, if my memory serves me right there wasnt a big demand for his services

So I offered one very possible and plausible explanation.

And that's one of many.

How can you say its a mistake if you can't comprehend the negative consequences if we DID franchise him?

The best evidence that Moss is staying is that we have been so quiet in FA so far.

That says to me that the Pats have already spent a chunk of change on Moss.

If the Pats seriously thought that Moss wasn't a lock, we would have seen a big signing somewhere else.

The best evidence that Moss is staying is that we have been so quiet in FA so far.

If the Pats seriously thought that Moss wasn't a lock, we would have seen a big signing somewhere else.

LOL. At 9AM you were saying Moss was "broken" and the Pats didn't want him back. Now at noon you're saying they've signed him because they haven't signed anyone else.

You guys (not singling you out, Snarf) are killing me!
:D

Ya think?
I thought our FO was just dumb and cheap.
They better do something soon, or my fantasy team will be all f**ked up.

(sarcasm)

Relax people!!!

If Moss was leaving, you would be reading articles about him visiting other teams. To my knowledge, there have been no such visits or reports of visits. If he was planning on visiting other teams, the media would be all over it. Therefore, it is safe to assume Moss will be back.

Espn is reporting that Moss is looking for offer elsewhere. This does not mean he is not coming back, it could mean he is trying to find his market value and come back to the Pats so they can match it.

What's troublesome is that after the Superbowl he was asked about coming back to New England “I would love to be in a (Patriots uniform),” he said. “But if I’m not, the show must go on.”

I think the hang up may be over the number of years on the contract. Moss may be looking for 3+ year contract where the Pats are unwilling to go beyond 3yrs which I believe puts Moss at 37yrs old.

Espn is reporting that Moss is looking for offer elsewhere. This does not mean he is not coming back, it could mean he is trying to find his market value and come back to the Pats so they can match it.

What's troublesome is that after the Superbowl he was asked about coming back to New England “I would love to be in a (Patriots uniform),” he said. “But if I’m not, the show must go on.”

Yesterday ESPN had him signing and then not signing 4-5 different times. This is the same network who've shown nothing but Patriot Hatred.

Why would you give any credence to anything they have to say?

I think the hang up may be over the number of years on the contract. Moss may be looking for 3+ year contract where the Pats are unwilling to go beyond 3yrs which I believe puts Moss at 37yrs old.

Moss just turned 31, and TO is 34 and still performing at a high level. WR is not as physical of a position, as say running back. WR's usually perform at a high level at least until they are 35-36. Age I don't think is a big factor in the Moss deal. Giving Moss a 3-4 year deal would be okay; asking for more than 3-4 years maybe asking for too much, especially knowing the Pats FO.

Yesterday ESPN had him signing and then not signing 4-5 different times. This is the same network who've shown nothing but Patriot Hatred.

Why would you give any credence to anything they have to say?

True, nobody really knows what is going on with the Moss deal. Espn is pretty much guessing along with the rest of us.

Relax people!!!

Adam Schefter reported he is looking at other teams. The Rams are reported to have made an offer. Carolina was also reported to have made an offer.

Why does everyone confuse Moss and his agent's media silence with silence. They can talk to NFL teams without talking to Mike Reiss.

His "silence" is likely because if you haven't noticed, he distrusts the press and rarely speaks to them except under threat of league fine as he made clear during SB week. It probably has zero to do with signing/not signing with the Pats.

Last edited:

Adam Schefter reported he is looking at other teams. The Rams are reported to have made an offer. Carolina was also reported to have made an offer.

I can't see moss wanting to go to the Rams or Carolina. Moss wants a ring more than he wants money. For him to get a ring there are only a few contending teams, The Rams and Carolina are not one of them. I think the Patriots are Moss's last chance to get a ring, although the demand is high for Moss not many contending teams are willing to dish out the money for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back