PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OPINION: Dan Morgan, Pats in the running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dan Morgan, Pats in the running?

I don't like the injury history (especially the concussions), but when healthy he's played at a good level. So, if he could be brought in at or close to the vet minimum I'd sign him up. Yea, he could end up going on IR, but you wouldn't have much invested, so it wouldn't really matter.

Besides, if NE drafts Goff they'll have at least two good 3-4 ILB's (Jon and AD), and Morgan would be a good depth signing, with a potential upside.

Last edited:

Guys.. Morgan has suffered thru SEVEN REPORTED concussions.. I say reported because you know there could be more..

He's played 4 games in the last 2 years and 17 in the last 3.. That is NOT GOOD.. He's just a name now..

I don't like the injury history (especially the concussions), but when healthy he's played at a good level. So, if he could be brought in at or close to the vet minimum I'd sign him up. Yea, he could end up going on IR, but you wouldn't have much invested, so it wouldn't really matter.

Besides, if NE drafts Goff they'll have at least two good 3-4 ILB's (Jon and AD), and Morgan would be a good depth signing, with a potential upside.

I still expect Bruschi and even Seau to return.

Besides like you said its a RED SOX typr deal. You pay a once great player low money for one year and the only thing you can hope for is the high upside. The worse you make out is some low level money and a spot on the IR.

This is the same guy that posted 25 tackles in Super Bowl 38.

Hes only had two injuries since then although they were both season ending.

Guys.. Morgan has suffered thru SEVEN REPORTED concussions.. I say reported because you know there could be more..

He's played 4 games in the last 2 years and 17 in the last 3.. That is NOT GOOD.. He's just a name now..

Completely disagree. Last year before he had his ankle injury most were saying he was playing at the same level he has been his whole career.

His ankle injury is now almost completely healed and hes had even more time to recover from the concussions.

Also name me one player recently who has had a concussion with those mouthpieces the Patriots use? Now do they stop injury prone concussion players? Probably not, but they sure as hell dont hurt either.

His last concussion was Nov of 06.

does the nfl regulate the size of the helmets?
maybe they could suit him up w/a giant inflatable one and stuff those foam peanuts inside.

I hope Morgan retires for his own sake. Multiple concussions can do a lot of damage, look at what an idiot they turned Steve Young into.

Last edited:

That is still like 7 less than Ted Johnson reported.

Dan Morgan, please stay retired, for your family's sake, unless you need to feed your family of course.....

Hmm this could be interesting to keep an eye on. I think he'll have to ultimately decide what's best for himself, but if he really is ready to go then I think it might be a good fit.

Maybe they should sign Steve Young and Reggie Ray while they're at it.

um 29 yr old...coming off an Achiles injury..not the concussions recently. Get him cheap..high risk high reward. What can you lose? A roster spot until preseason for a guy who can come in and play real well ?

Steve might have done a better job in the S.B. than Brady did, sadly enough.

I don't think you can build your offseason around him, but for a very low (near minimum salary) considering the potential upside, I think bringing him in would be a fine move.

That said, that shouldn't stop them from getting a young linebacker or two in the draft because obviously you can't count on him to play even one snap.

Steve might have done a better job in the S.B. than Brady did, sadly enough.

I'm surprised so many people are down on Brady for the SB performance.

How many QBs in this year were knocked down on 20 pass attempts? He had pressure ALL DAY, on virtually every pass attempt. There was no running game to speak of. All 3 of the Pro Bowl OL were awful. And he led what should have been the GW TD drive.

Young might have done better than Brady only because of his mobility, but I don't know if that's where you were going with that.

I'm surprised so many people are down on Brady for the SB performance.

How many QBs in this year were knocked down on 20 pass attempts? He had pressure ALL DAY, on virtually every pass attempt. There was no running game to speak of. All 3 of the Pro Bowl OL were awful. And he led what should have been the GW TD drive.

Young might have done better than Brady only because of his mobility, but I don't know if that's where you were going with that.

1.) It was about the mobility, but....

2.) Brady's throws were off even when he had time.

Cant believe so many people are against bringing him in.

I understand some of his throws were off, but I feel one of the major reasons for that was because he wasn't able to get into a rhythm, getting knocked down so much. And yet, he still had us in position to win the game when it mattered most...

Last edited:

The only throw I saw from Brady that LOOKED off-target that was not caused by him being hit while in the throwing motion was the sideline pass to Welker, and Brady was clearly upset that Welker cut if off too short.
What passes are you talking about? every one I saw off target happened when Brady was hit while throwing. No QB in NFL history is capable of throwing on target when he is hit while throwing.

The only throw I saw from Brady that LOOKED off-target that was not caused by him being hit while in the throwing motion was the sideline pass to Welker, and Brady was clearly upset that Welker cut if off too short.
What passes are you talking about? every one I saw off target happened when Brady was hit while throwing. No QB in NFL history is capable of throwing on target when he is hit while throwing.
The two that come to mind for me (and I say this without watching it a second time, I can't do that) are :

1) The pass he intentionally threw away and yelled at Welker afterwards. Wrong route (I assume) or not, Welker was open for a catch. The Super Bowl is no time to prove a point - if a guy is open, throw it to him.

2) On the 4th and 13, I believe Welker was open on the other side of the field but Brady didn't see him. Not "off target" but still not a good play.

I still love Tommy, though, don't misunderstand.

i have a good feeling about this guy, i think he could he could be a STUD and all pro calibre if he stays healthy i mean 25 tackles in a superbowl against us remeber

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back