PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opening Vegas Line NE vs NYG 14.5 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I found this kind of interesting since most of our lines have been in the 20's as of recent.......It will be interesting also to see how much the starters of the Gints will play in this game........I don't believe they can make up any more ground in the seedings right?

Giants are a playoff team -- when is the last time we played one of these (Steerlers: 10, right?)

i dont mind the spread....its more then 2 td's, but i think theyre playing it as if both team's starters are in the whole game....

also, agaisnt the giants....it could be a game

but if ur Tom, which way is ur job more secure? by beating the pats and suffeering some serious injuries, or getting ur players worn out? or by resting them th esecond half and then having them a little less worn out in ur first playoff game?

I found this kind of interesting since most of our lines have been in the 20's as of recent.......It will be interesting also to see how much the starters of the Gints will play in this game........I don't believe they can make up any more ground in the seedings right?

The spread is set to discourage lopsided betting, and with a large betting population in NYC they are "figuring" how to distribute the money.

Please, don't delude yourself into thinking that the spread has anything to do with the expected results of the game. That number could be their expected target, but only coincidentally, only if that number is the same as the number needed to discourage lopsided betting.

The spread is nothing more than a reflection of better expectations. It's the bookmakers' expectations of the bettors' expectations, and in a sense, is totally meaningless except for manipulating bettors, whose expectations are built upon a lack of data, and a whole bunch of pipe dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back