PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opening game question....must be away

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
..can they break down from a 7:30 PM Jimmy Buffet concert on September 8th in time to have a game on September 9th? I doubt it. according to Reiss that leaves us with the option of the Jets, Bills or Fins away.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
From Reiss:
Here are the Patriots' options for season-opening opponents on Sept. 9:
Away
Bills
Dolphins
Jets
Home
Bills
Browns
Dolphins
Eagles
Jets
Redskins
Steelers
The Bengals, Colts, Cowboys, Giants and Ravens -- the Patriots' out-of-division road opponents in 2007 -- are all scheduled for nationally televised games opening weekend, while the Chargers are the lone out-of-division home opponent scheduled for a nationally televised game on opening weekend.
-------

Personally that leaves me hoping for the Bills since I'll be taking the trip up this year and a nice game in good weather would be welcome. Too bad it wouldn't be Labor day weekend but it's the week before.

All that said it'll probably be the Jets since the Giants are visiting Dallas.

Last edited:
They have new field turf so of course they can make it :)

I'm actually thinking Miami will be the first away game, if any, because we played the Bills and Jets in the first 2 games of last year.

I'm calling an opener at the Meadowlands.

Early September in Miami, baseball field problems, hot humid weather, 5 preseason games.

Ugh.

Can't see them blowing Patriots at Jets on a 1:00 game. Bills would be nice but it seems that the Patriots are going to Miami in the heat.

Marlins have a home game on the 10th. They have away stretches in the middle (16th) and end (30th) of the month(with regular season over after that with no game on Monday even if they make the Playoffs). I quickly looked back 3 years and couldn't find a regular season game the day after a football game. Miami looks to me to be a no.

Marlins have a home game on the 10th. They have away stretches in the middle (16th) and end (30th) of the month(with regular season over after that with no game on Monday even if they make the Playoffs). I quickly looked back 3 years and couldn't find a regular season game the day after a football game. Miami looks to me to be a no.

In '05 the Fins hosted Carolina on 9/25 then the Marlins played the Nats at home the next day.

In '05 the Fins hosted Carolina on 9/25 then the Marlins played the Nats at home the next day.

Hey man I catch a break since I make the trip to this game every year EXCEPT if it's early September (and I did say I looked at it quickly.:D)

Hey man I catch a break since I make the trip to this game every year EXCEPT if it's early September (and I did say I looked at it quickly.:D)

Yeah, I had to make sure if it was possible since I will be in South Florida that weekend :)

I think it will be away...when was the last opener away??? I really thought last year it would be...but it was 03..so they are due for an opener away..and THAT is OK....NOT Miami..that would not be good..I do NOT think Buff either...so maybe a non-division game...but?? When I look at the teams available..Miami makes most sense...OR Jets..

Can't see them blowing Patriots at Jets on a 1:00 game. Bills would be nice but it seems that the Patriots are going to Miami in the heat.
after being in training camp in July in august the patriots should have no problem being acclamated to the hot weather in miami .

I just hope the season STARTS better and ENDS better than last year.

Likely referring to first play from scrimmage...

Oh, Brady almost getting killed and a defensive TD to boot? Yeah, that...wasn't good.

Ugh, 1994 and 1996 both began in Miami. Both were losses. The 1994 game was a classic Marino-Bledsoe shootout. The 96 game was a horrible showing.

2003 began in Buffalo. 31-0 if I recall. Double ugh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back