PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opening Game 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyguitar

Rookie
Reaction score
Alright so the Steelers being the present champs open up the new NFL season. Do they host the Colts, who they beat in an exciting playoff game or do they host the Pats, a team that beat them in the regular season. I'm not even sure if the Steelers are scheduled to play either team, but these seem like the best two scenarios.

andy

andyguitar said:
Alright so the Steelers being the present champs open up the new NFL season. Do they host the Colts, who they beat in an exciting playoff game or do they host the Pats, a team that beat them in the regular season. I'm not even sure if the Steelers are scheduled to play either team, but these seem like the best two scenarios.

andy

Steelers don not play either of these teams in the regular season. Cincy, KC, and Denver are on the Steelers home schedule for 06. Either one of those would be ok.

I may think Denver...the AFC championship game...

I heard, again this could be a rumor, but I heard that the kick off game will not longer be with the Champs. This year on that Thursday, they are going to do Manning vs. Manning - Colts vs. Giants.

I heard this for a decent source, but think it sounds a bit cheesy. Anyone know if it is true?

You are correct...

it will be the Donkey's opening at Heinz Field.

denverpatsfan said:

I think T.O.'s new team will play a factor in Pittsburgh's opening night opponent. 3 teams (KC, Denver, Miami) all have to go to Steeltown next year and all are interested in T.O.

Whoever wins the sweepstakes will play the Steelers. Guaranteed ratings.

denverpatsfan said:

That should leave the officiating crew utterly confused on who to penalize. Maybe the first game I've ever seen without a single penalty. After all we know how perfect those two teams are. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back