PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OOPS - Big Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
How many times did Roethlisberger say that riding without ahelmet was legal, and that if it wasn't, he'd wear a helmet.

Well, turns out it was illegal. Riders can only not wear helmets if they are licensed, and Big Ben never got a license. His learner'sermit hasd expired, but even with it, he was supposed to ride with a helmet.

Ha ha. Nice job, Ben. I hope they replay that clip of him saying, "If it was the law, I'd be wearing a helmet, but it isn't so I don't have to."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...NT?SITE=RIPRJ&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Roethlisberger will be issued $388 in fines and fees for riding without a license and not wearing a helmet, police Collision Investigator Dan Connolly said Monday. Only licensed motorcyclists are allowed to ride bareheaded in Pennsylvania, with certain restrictions.

Told ya so!

I was poo-pooed earlier for suggesting Ben would walk away from this because of his size and ability to absorb punishment. Here's what the accident investigator had to say:

"I think because of Mr. Roethlisberger's size and his athletic ability and the fact that he works out as a professional athlete had a huge part in the fact that he's still with us," Connolly said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...NT?SITE=RIPRJ&SECTION=SPORTS&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back