PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ooooh, Oooooh POS Hardy, You Done Did It Now!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took it as him saying he wants them at the stadium so they can see him take Tommy down. Pure head games.

In any event, here is Hardy coming out of a 4 game suspension to face Brady, who was supposed to face a 4 game suspension but didn't. So the first he does is go out of his way to pay Tom Brady's wife a compliment. I'm sorry but I'm not that naive. Do you think he would be saying that about another black players wife? Thems fighting words.

If his wife was as hot as Giselle, sure. I think you might be reading too far into the motivations of a guy who says **** like this:

It's less "head games" and more "no filter/says whatever he wants just because".

Last edited:
This guy is such an *******, I wonder what would make a guy as selfish and self important as this change his ways; obviously a 4 game suspension didn't do it

Somebody get me my fainting couch.

Today is NOTHIN.

Wait 'til they get a load of SUNDAY.

Nice acquisition, Jerruh.......

While they had a few bad boys in the earlier days, Landry would NEVER consider Hardy - ever...once said he would have cut Irvin for some of his behavior during the Johnson years.

Now for my real rant.

Last year, when it seemed the Cowboys were significant after Stephen Jones was doing more GM duties then his Dad, idiot homers at CowboyZone started to rant endlessly about DeflateGate
  • more bandwidth than their three divisional rivals combined
  • more bandwidth than the Jets suck over here.
  • moderators joined in the hating. :confused:
A couple of PF members here also know this firsthand. Anyone on forums very long knows there are usually a few losers with all day to troll endlessly out of proportion to their numbers, but that does not account for that site practically telling you if you are not a Hatriot, you are not a Cowboy's fan and at risk of being banned. Outside football, any forum is crappy when they insist you must agree on things beyond the basics.

This does not relate to this thread at all?....I'm about to make my point. More basic then Jerry Jones has bastardized the Cowboys by having no football common sense, and willing to sign any sleezeball available, the fans have enabled him. That's why from 1996-2013, the Cows in the playoffs are as sorry as the
Browns and Lions, while the Patriots are at least as successful as the Cowboys once were.

Cows homers have cried a river to get DUI killer Josh Brent to play again, to let Greg Hardy play immediately, one even hoped a player knock Brady out of a game....explain why he's OK with BountyGate while livid about DeflateGate....never mind - his head's brain cells have be replaced by BS.

These fans are morally bankrupt!!!!

In the same breath, they have spent the entire year on DeflateGate, yet would sign any dirtbag to the Cowboys in a heartbeat - including Arron Hernandez if they could. This is far, far from the team they once were, a team of structure, business sense, and decency. The Patriots are that team - Staubach has said that, Cowboy Hatriots can't face this reality.

So this Sunday, I hope the Patriots win by at least four touchdowns. Don't think that's unrealistic at all. This would be the first time in four years the idiotic Cowboy homers would have a reason to hate New England. I want them to get even more frustrated and deep down inside, realize while they won't man up to it, this happens because the Patriots play superior football.

Brady is one of my favorite players in the NFL. So is Hardy.

Neither were proven guilty. Both will play Sunday.
In the one trial Hardy had (the bench trial), he was found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

He appealed the verdict, as is his right to do, and charges were dropped when the victim suddenly became completely unavailable (but was also seen on various shopping sprees, which I am sure is just a coincidence).

Hardy's case was dismissed, and the remarks are hardly provocative. Brady's remarks may make it sound like he doesn't care because there's nothing to really care about.
Hardy's case was not dismissed. The prosecutor dropped charges when the victim suddenly, completely stopped cooperating.

It's not that people don't believe he's capable of it. People are skeptical that he could have done it without cause several significant injuries to the woman. He then apparently decided to call 911 on himself. Those two issues alone are questionable.
What makes you think she didn't have any significant injuries? There are pictures of her injuries, which the prosecutor refuses to release to the public. The NFL requested access to those pictures and was able to view them (but not, like, make any copies or anything).

I think both Hardy and the NFL want those pictures kept under lock and key for good. I also think those pictures were the determining factor in the bench trial.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Hardy basically just say "Brady's wife is super hot and so is her sister"?

How is that a negative statement, or poking at the beast or whatever? Giselle's hot - everybody on planet earth knows that and it's a compliment anyway.

Your response resembles your avatar.

Anyone who thinks that Hardy was tossing compliments out to Gisele, is missing the point by a country mile.

Hardy's case was not dismissed. The prosecutor dropped charges when the victim suddenly, completely stopped cooperating.
That's a dismissal. The prosecutor requested, the judge dismissed the charges. They could have pursued the case with or without her because they had he previous testimony. They chose not to.

What makes you think she didn't have any significant injuries? There are pictures of her injuries, which the prosecutor refuses to release to the public. The NFL requested access to those pictures and was able to view them (but not, like, make any copies or anything).

I think both Hardy and the NFL want those pictures kept under lock and key for good. I also think those pictures were the determining factor in the bench trial.

Evidently, pictures in the public domain wouldn't change anything.

What makes you think she didn't have any significant injuries?

The police report, the testimony, and she declined any medical attention.

There are pictures of her injuries, which the prosecutor refuses to release to the public. The NFL requested access to those pictures and was able to view them (but not, like, make any copies or anything).

The pictures would have been available in either trial. If they are the defining factor, or smoking gun then the prosecutor likely wouldn't have requested a dismissal.

From some of the responses here, it seems that most of you are reading the "headlines" and then forming some opinion from there, instead of reading the actual details of the case. If you read the details Hardy was the actual victim of a scam. He purposely brought up guns and Gisele because it's his way of expressing his disgust or giving the long finger to the media and the public who were quick to convict him of a crime, he more than likely, did not commit. I take Hardy's comments no more seriously than I would take Sherman, Suggs or any scrub with the Jets who like to trash talk. It's just friendly competition banter, nice discussion for fans, nothing that Brady is probably remotely even thinking about.

1) Don't talk about another player's wife or girlfriend
2) Especially if you've got a long history of domestic violence and violence toward women in your past.

You say "opportunist", I say "she was paid off, and didn't testify at the second hearing, which is why the charges were dropped." The same thing that happened with Terrell Suggs, btw.

"Some people" should stop blaming the damned victim, and call these scumbags out for the abusers that they are.

1. If Jason Witten made a similar comment, this isn't a big deal. Brady isn't just married to any woman, he's married to Gisele, a public figure, who poses in underwear all the time. It's no surprise that player would mention her, surprised it took this long.

2. Long history of domestic violence and violence against women? - Where is this coming from? One case, a dropped one at that, is not a long history of anything. Stop it, already.

So if your girlfriend is Ronda Rousey and she beat you up and traumatized you as bad as Greg Hardy supposedly did to that money-seeker, you would just take the money and run? You wouldn't try to throw her in jail and then collect some cash from a civil suit, especially after another judge (a woman, might I add) just found him guilty? If the evidence is so much, as some of you are claiming, she would've won the appeal easily, right?

If you are a victim, money is the last thing on your mind. That girl is not a victim, she wanted money and she got it. That's why Hardy doesn't give a crap about domestic abuse because he just got railroaded by some lying opportunist. I can't say I blame him either.

This was a girl in a relationship with Hardy. Just because there's no video evidence doesnt mean its not true. Hardy is a nut job. Why do you think he fell so far down the draft? A guy that was projected to be a top 5 pick getting drafted in the 6th rd??? Something not right.

So every girlfriend of a player, screams "HE HIT ME" was abused without question? I can't believe some of the response here. Hardy fell in the draft because of injuries and stuff related to lack of production on the field, not because he beat up some chick in college as you trying to make people believe. Read up on the case.

So YOU have the lowdown on the whole thing, huh?

I guess the District Judge who heard the case and all the evidence and then convicted him should be ignored for YOUR and BlueberrySodaCoffee's expert analyses.

God Bless the internet.

At least I followed and read about the case. You are just up here making some blind assumptions because he is (1) not a Patriot, so you don't care as much (2) because he complimented Brady's wife.

God bless the internet is right.

Brilliant.

"Just an overreaction from the media and fans ........"

Oh, and a Judge who heard all the evidence from the police and both attorneys and convicted him.

But don't let FACTS get in the way of your internet tough guy rant from 1,500 miles away.

Tough guy rant? lol, same could be said for you. What FACTS, are you referring to? A judge's conviction? I'm laughing my tail off. My post is only a defense for a man who seems innocent of any domestic abuse. It's the same defense I had for Brady deflating balls. I can't say whether they did it or not, but looking at both cases it appears that they are innocent.

FACTS? The judge was a woman, who convicted him because she was likely biased against men/athletes beating up chicks and getting away with it. There are NO FACTS to support the fact that he supposedly beat up that chick. If there are some that you found, please be more than happy to share them with me.

There was the 911 call and witness accounts conflicting with that girl's story. Read up on the case, perhaps, you would understand my stance on it. You sound like most of the nation that tried to convict Brady of deflating balls without knowing all the FACTS.

In the one trial Hardy had (the bench trial), he was found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

He appealed the verdict, as is his right to do, and charges were dropped when the victim suddenly became completely unavailable (but was also seen on various shopping sprees, which I am sure is just a coincidence).

If a man beat my tail, I wouldn't be on shopping sprees blowing up all that cash he transferred into my bank account. I would be in court making sure he never plays another down in the NFL and then I would've filed a civil suit against him. She found herself a moron and shook him for that cash. Anybody actually following the case can see that.

If there were significant injuries, we would've heard details about how they found her, in the police report and during the testimony.

People are making too much of Hardy this week. Yes, what he said was stupid especially considering what he went through this past year or so, but he is likely to be a non-factor on Sunday. The guy hasn't played football in over a year. He is likely going to spend most of Sunday trying to shake off a lot of rust.

From some of the responses here, it seems that most of you are reading the "headlines" and then forming some opinion from there, instead of reading the actual details of the case. If you read the details Hardy was the actual victim of a scam. He purposely brought up guns and Gisele because it's his way of expressing his disgust or giving the long finger to the media and the public who were quick to convict him of a crime, he more than likely, did not commit. I take Hardy's comments no more seriously than I would take Sherman, Suggs or any scrub with the Jets who like to trash talk. It's just friendly competition banter, nice discussion for fans, nothing that Brady is probably remotely even thinking about.

1. If Jason Witten made a similar comment, this isn't a big deal. Brady isn't just married to any woman, he's married to Gisele, a public figure, who poses in underwear all the time. It's no surprise that player would mention her, surprised it took this long.

2. Long history of domestic violence and violence against women? - Where is this coming from? One case, a dropped one at that, is not a long history of anything. Stop it, already.

So if your girlfriend is Ronda Rousey and she beat you up and traumatized you as bad as Greg Hardy supposedly did to that money-seeker, you would just take the money and run? You wouldn't try to throw her in jail and then collect some cash from a civil suit, especially after another judge (a woman, might I add) just found him guilty? If the evidence is so much, as some of you are claiming, she would've won the appeal easily, right?

If you are a victim, money is the last thing on your mind. That girl is not a victim, she wanted money and she got it. That's why Hardy doesn't give a crap about domestic abuse because he just got railroaded by some lying opportunist. I can't say I blame him either.

So every girlfriend of a player, screams "HE HIT ME" was abused without question? I can't believe some of the response here. Hardy fell in the draft because of injuries and stuff related to lack of production on the field, not because he beat up some chick in college as you trying to make people believe. Read up on the case.

At least I followed and read about the case. You are just up here making some blind assumptions because he is (1) not a Patriot, so you don't care as much (2) because he complimented Brady's wife.

God bless the internet is right.

Tough guy rant? lol, same could be said for you. What FACTS, are you referring to? A judge's conviction? I'm laughing my tail off. My post is only a defense for a man who seems innocent of any domestic abuse. It's the same defense I had for Brady deflating balls. I can't say whether they did it or not, but looking at both cases it appears that they are innocent.

FACTS? The judge was a woman, who convicted him because she was likely biased against men/athletes beating up chicks and getting away with it. There are NO FACTS to support the fact that he supposedly beat up that chick. If there are some that you found, please be more than happy to share them with me.

There was the 911 call and witness accounts conflicting with that girl's story. Read up on the case, perhaps, you would understand my stance on it. You sound like most of the nation that tried to convict Brady of deflating balls without knowing all the FACTS.

If a man beat my tail, I wouldn't be on shopping sprees blowing up all that cash he transferred into my bank account. I would be in court making sure he never plays another down in the NFL and then I would've filed a civil suit against him. She found herself a moron and shook him for that cash. Anybody actually following the case can see that.

If there were significant injuries, we would've heard details about how they found her, in the police report and during the testimony.

I have read up on the case. And go back and really read why Hardy draft stock dropped. The dude was a problem, he dissapeared from the team the last 3 weeks.

But go on, keep defending a scumbag.

The police report, the testimony, and she declined any medical attention.
Please be more specific. What did the police report say that makes you think there were no injuries, and what testimony was given?
The pictures would have been available in either trial. If they are the defining factor, or smoking gun then the prosecutor likely wouldn't have requested a dismissal.
It is not even remotely realistic that the prosecutor could have gained a conviction in a jury trial with an absentee victim.

EDIT: The police report specifically stated the victim had bruises and scratches. The arrest warrant states the following (please note that all capitalization below is as it appears in the report itself, so I have added no extra emphasis):

"I, the undersigned, find that there is probable cause to believe that on or about the date of the offense shown [May 13, 2014] and in the county named above [Mecklenburg County, North Carolina] the defendant named above [Hardy] unlawfully and willingly did assault [redacted], a female person, by GRABBING VICTIM AND THROWING TO THE FLOOR, THROWING INTO A BATHTUB, SLAMMING HER AGAINST A FUTON, AND STRANGLING HER. The defendant is a male person and was at least 18 years of age when the assault occurred.”

So what part of that police report makes you think no assault occurred? Also, here is what the victim's DVPO says:

On May 13, 2014, Greg Hardy attacked me in his apartment. Hardy picked me up and threw me into the tile tub area in his bathroom. I have bruises from head to toe, including my head, neck, back, shoulders arms, legs, elbow and feet. Hardy pulled me from the tub by my hair, screaming at me that he was going to kill me, break my arms and other threats that I completely believe. He drug me across the bathroom and out into the bedroom. Hardy choked me with both hands around my throat while I was lying on the floor. Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me onto a couch covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns."

Last edited:
You don't have the first clue what you would do in such a situation.

Please be more specific. What did the police report say that makes you think there were no injuries, and what testimony was given?

It is not even remotely realistic that the prosecutor could have gained a conviction in a jury trial with an absentee victim.

EDIT: The police report specifically stated the victim had bruises and scratches. The arrest warrant states the following (please note that all capitalization below is as it appears in the report itself, so I have added no extra emphasis):

"I, the undersigned, find that there is probable cause to believe that on or about the date of the offense shown [May 13, 2014] and in the county named above [Mecklenburg County, North Carolina] the defendant named above [Hardy] unlawfully and willingly did assault [redacted], a female person, by GRABBING VICTIM AND THROWING TO THE FLOOR, THROWING INTO A BATHTUB, SLAMMING HER AGAINST A FUTON, AND STRANGLING HER. The defendant is a male person and was at least 18 years of age when the assault occurred.”

So what part of that police report makes you think no assault occurred? Also, here is what the victim's DVPO says:

On May 13, 2014, Greg Hardy attacked me in his apartment. Hardy picked me up and threw me into the tile tub area in his bathroom. I have bruises from head to toe, including my head, neck, back, shoulders arms, legs, elbow and feet. Hardy pulled me from the tub by my hair, screaming at me that he was going to kill me, break my arms and other threats that I completely believe. He drug me across the bathroom and out into the bedroom. Hardy choked me with both hands around my throat while I was lying on the floor. Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me onto a couch covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns."

I did not read the police report, however, if the cops saw anything that looked like he whooped her tail, they would've provided the details in the report, including details of her description at the time, the crime scene, and it would've been picked up by the media in Charlotte. It never happened. I can't remember it straight, but I believe both of them were arrested at the scene because they were both drunk and high on drugs.

The quote you capitalized is her account of what happened. The police confirmed it as usual because she is a woman and he is a rich man over twice her size and was clearly disoriented. No pictures of the crime scene, no pictures of her, no descriptions of anything in the report. No anything.

I have read up on the case. And go back and really read why Hardy draft stock dropped. The dude was a problem, he dissapeared from the team the last 3 weeks.

But go on, keep defending a scumbag.

Found one article on Yahoo referencing to Hardy's dropping draft stock:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/incons...vbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDQjAzNDFfMQRzZWMDc3I-

Quote from one of his coaches, "He's not a bad kid, he's a difficult kid." It had more to do with his lack of production and behavior at times towards the team, refusing to be controlled or whatever. It had nothing to do with him beating up people, doing drugs and abusing women-- not saying he doesn't do those things, but that had nothing to do with his draft status.

If he is a scumbag and I'm sure he is one, I don't believe it is fair to label him, when no one truly knows what happened in his apartment that night. I just choose to believe his side of the story, based on what I've seen and read during the process.

You don't have the first clue what you would do in such a situation.

Actually, I do. She obviously did too. For a fact, I sure wouldn't want anything from him, besides his death, if he actually abused me in the way she explained.

I did not read the police report, however, if the cops saw anything that looked like he whooped her tail, they would've provided the details in the report, including details of her description at the time, the crime scene, and it would've been picked up by the media in Charlotte. It never happened. I can't remember it straight, but I believe both of them were arrested at the scene because they were both drunk and high on drugs.
So you admit you didn't read the police report, but then you're going to talk down to those of us who did.

Congrats on winning the Mad Dog Mike Russo award du jour.
The quote you capitalized is her account of what happened.
Not only did you not read the police report, you obviously didn't read my post either. I quoted the actual arrest record as written by the police. I did not capitalize anything that was not already capitalized in that report.
I The police confirmed it as usual because she is a woman and he is a rich man over twice her size and was clearly disoriented. No pictures of the crime scene, no pictures of her, no descriptions of anything in the report. No anything.
Uh, there are pictures of her. They haven't been released, but they exist.

For someone who chastised others about just reading the headlines and not knowing the facts of the case, you sure seem pretty unfamiliar with those facts yourself.
Actually, I do. She obviously did too. For a fact, I sure wouldn't want anything from him, besides his death, if he actually abused me in the way she explained.
When he was found guilty in the bench trial, he was sentenced to probation and the jail term was suspended. He was never going to go to jail and he was never going to be banned from the NFL.

To paraphrase Allen Iverson, we're talking about probation. Not jail, probation. If you would really be willing to throw away a guaranteed couple hundred thousand dollars in order to see to it that he serves his 18 months probation, then that's pretty stupid.

Please be more specific. What did the police report say that makes you think there were no injuries,

I claimed she had no significant injuries. Broken bones, dislocated joints, lacerations, etc. the king of thing most people would expect if body slammed by a 275 pound man, and thrown about.

and what testimony was given?

I'm sure that's news to those that have done it.

I never made that claim. I questioned your certainty.

If you can't address what I said with honesty than this is the end.

I'm not claiming to know what happened. I'm pointing out that your belief is entirely based off her account. There's no other evidence. That doesn't mean it didn't happen but people around here have a level of certainty that is hypocritical. When the player is wearing a Patriot uniform people don't accept accusations alone as fact.

Her account is that he lifted her up and body slammed her and also threw her into the tub. The police didn't find significant injuries, she didn't want medical attention when they arrived. Maybe she just has great genes, and is good at breaking her fall but I'm sure at least a few people on a jury would be skeptical of that account given the extent of her injuries.

You have her account, his account, his 911 call, and a dismissed trial. There's really no more evidence than there was against Moss, or Edelman for the same thing, or Brady for footballs.

If you choose to believe every accusation and think those guys above are guilty then good for you.

Two people high on drugs could have got into a minor altercation resulting in minor bruising and Hardy calling the police. Then she may have exaggerated what happened when faced with charges. That theory seems entirely plausible and fitting with the evidence, therefore I have not rejected it as a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back