PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ooh, the first extended family quarrel? Chiefs & Pats chasing Travis Daniels, CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
SportingNews.com - ProFootballTalk

CB Travis Daniels

With the free-agent market for cornerbacks drying up a bit, Travis Daniels is an intriguing name to keep an eye on. The ex-Brown and Dolphin has drawn interest from the Patriots and Chiefs.

New England coach Bill Belichick and Kansas City GM Scott Pioli showed an affinity for players who'd played for Nick Saban -- whom both worked with in Cleveland in the early 1990s. Daniels, a bigger corner who has battled some injury problems, was recruited to LSU by Saban, and played for him in Miami as well.

It's worth noting too that Daniels played for Romeo Crennel, another former colleague of Belichick and Pioli's, in Cleveland.

Last edited:
Re: Ooh, the first extended family quarrel? Chiefs & Pats chasing same player in FA.

LOL was just about to post this, anyway hes been in the league for 4 years. He was really only productive his rookie year for the phins but hasn't had many starts since.

Re: Ooh, the first extended family quarrel? Chiefs & Pats chasing same player in FA.

He was great at LSU. He's hopped around the league since but he could be decent depth.

Advantage Kansas City. Dollars vs no dollars.

Travis Daniels doesn't look very impressive on paper. Wasn't he injured in 2008, or was there another reason he only played 7 games for the Browns?

Travis Daniels: Career Stats

I don't think we have to worry about him or any other FA CB's now ;) With the Springs signing, the competition at that position will heat up!

Travis Daniels doesn't look very impressive on paper. Wasn't he injured in 2008, or was there another reason he only played 7 games for the Browns?

Travis Daniels: Career Stats

From what I could find it was not due to injury. He couldn't beat out Terry Cousin for a starting position and was just a special teams player. When Brandon McDonald struggled Daniels got a chance to start but it didn't last long. He was among the inactives in week 10, and from week 12 through 17.

Travis Daniels Could Replace BrandonMcDonald - Dawgs By Nature
KFFL - Travis Daniels, CB, Cleveland Browns

I think the Pats may be better off letting the Chiefs take this guy.

I hope kc signs him lol

:eek: Jeff Daniels is going to bring out the worst in Pioli/BB I suspect. What a huge signing for whoever wins this race.

:eek: Jeff Daniels is going to bring out the worst in Pioli/BB I suspect. What a huge signing for whoever wins this race.

He sounds like a backup player if he couldn't even beat out the guy in front of him on the Browns in 2008. I doubt they'll be fighting that hard over scraps.

He sounds like a backup player if he couldn't even beat out the guy in front of him on the Browns in 2008. I doubt they'll be fighting that hard over scraps.

:eek: You think? I dunno man this could get ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye