PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Onside kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

420jim

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thought the Eagles touched the ball before 10 yards?

I saw the kick and I saw the replay and I think the Eagles touched the ball early. If I'm wrong, then just let this fall off.

I saw the kick and I saw the replay and I think the Eagles touched the ball early. If I'm wrong, then just let this fall off.

i predicted this all week...reid did this against dallas more than once few yrs ago in opening kickoffs no less.

Those special teamers will be doing extra sprints this week. I can't believe the Eagles pulled that off.

You are not the only one, but yes, you are wrong.

Yes, an Eagle touched the ball before the yardline. Except, that yardline was the 45, not the 40. The ball travelled about 14 yards before it was touched. It was recovered at the 48, 18 yards from where it was kicked.

Those special teamers will be doing extra sprints this week. I can't believe the Eagles pulled that off.

You should be surprised if the Eagles didn't pull it off. 75% of unexpected onside kicks are successful.

You are not the only one, but yes, you are wrong.

Yes, an Eagle touched the ball before the yardline. Except, that yardline was the 45, not the 40. The ball travelled about 14 yards before it was touched. It was recovered at the 48, 18 yards from where it was kicked.
ding, ding, ding.... you sir are right on.

I called that right before it happend. Made sense to me at the time and it was executed to perfection but if I had known the Eagles defense was going to play as they did, I wouldn't have done it.

I called that right before it happend. Made sense to me at the time and it was executed to perfection but if I had known the Eagles defense was going to play as they did, I wouldn't have done it.

Why is everyone making such a big deal over how great the Eagles D played?

For one, the Pats, overall, actually moved the ball very well(would have been 31-21 if it weren't for that BS PI call on Moss). So what if they got to Brady a few times? It didn't stop their O or anything, when all was said and done.

Let me check the rulebook. The NFL MAY have different rules for "on-sides" when executing against a BB coached team:rolleyes:

i predicted this all week...reid did this against dallas more than once few yrs ago in opening kickoffs no less.

Actually they've done this a few times before. It worked once and the second time vs a Parcells team who was prepared for it, the front line guy returned it for a TD marking the quickest TD to start an NFL game :)04) and the shortest return for a tD (38 yds or so)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes