Welcome to PatsFans.com

Only in Massachusetts: Victim’s father rips Mass. ‘stupidity’

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +367 / 4 / -2

What a banana brain society we live in. How losers like these are on the street is beyond me. Then someone is going to tell me that prohibiting law abiding citizens from LEGALLY obtaining a weapon for their own safety is a good idea. Others will try to tell me that this POS, scumbag shouldn't be fried ASAP.

[​IMG]
    Brian and Beverly Mauck, found dead in their Graham, Wash., home last weekend.

Victim’s father rips Mass. ‘stupidity’

Convicted killer freed despite assault rap

By Michele McPhee and Jessica Van Sack
    Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - Updated 1h ago

[​IMG]
    Convicted Massachusetts mom-killer Daniel Tavares Jr.

The father of a Washington woman slaughtered along with her new husband - allegedly at the hands of a convicted Bay State killer - said his daughter’s accused murderer never should have been released from prison here.

“It’s because of stupidity in Massachusetts that my daughter is dead,” said Darrel Slater, 55, who is preparing to bury his daughter, Beverly Mauck, 28, and her husband Brian Mauck, 30.

The couple was executed in their home in rural Graham, Wash., Saturday after an alleged argument with Daniel Tavares Jr., 41, who in 1991 pleaded guilty to hacking his mother to death with a carving knife in their Somerset home in served 16 years for that crime.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1046148
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Interesting, this could be Romney's Willie Horton

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1046148

The father of a Washington woman slaughtered along with her new husband - allegedly at the hands of a convicted Bay State killer - said his daughter’s accused murderer never should have been released from prison here.

Worcester prosecutors requested $50,000 cash bail for each of those charges, an amount approved by Clinton District Court Judge Martha Brennan, according to court documents.

But Tavares appealed the bail and on July 16, Superior Court Judge Kathe Tuttman released him on personal recognizance. Tavares was freed and fled the state to marry and live in a Washington trailer with Jennifer Lynn Tavares, who met the convict at Walpole after answering an inmate personal ad. He defaulted on a July 23 court date, prosecutors said.

http://www.statehousenews.com/cgi/as_web.exe?master.ask D 20314926

STATE HOUSE, BOSTON, MAY 3, 2006…Some members of the Governor's Council continued to complain Wednesday that Gov. Mitt Romney is placing too many prosecutors on the bench, but they appear poised to approve one of them, Superior Court nominee Kathe Tuttman.

A 17-year veteran of the Essex County district attorney's office, Tuttman currently heads the Family Crimes and Sexual Assault Unit there. The 54-year-old Andover resident acknowledged her shortcomings during Wednesday's hearing.
  3. Real World

Ratings:
    +367 / 4 / -2

Re: Interesting, this could be Romney's Willie Horton

Ah, that makes it more acceptable. It was a Mitt Romney appointed judge who let the POS scumbag go. Romney's name has been in every article, as it should be. The question is, are people like you prepared to take scumbags like this off the street permanantly? We all know the answer to that is no. How someone who kills his mother with a knife, and stabs another person who tried to stop him, gets out 15 years later, is mind boggling. Sorry, but if you're not going to fry these people, then at least toss them in jail, and throw away the key. They serve no purpose to society.
  4. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

LOL, you fraud. You obviously posted it to bash liberal Massachusetts, but it turns out it can be used to bash a conservative. Romney made a dreadful appointment. There's no way that devil should have been released, especially without bond. Are people like you prepared to take such evil people off the street or will continue to elect conservatives because you believe they keep us safe against crime, cut deficits, bring democracy to Iraq, and whatever other lies you've bought into?

Face it, RW, stupid mistakes HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IDEOLOGY, and are simply a part of life. But if you want to play games, I can too. For each idiotic liberal mistake you find, I can find one by a conservative.
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +367 / 4 / -2

I'm a fraud? Bash anyone you want, it all leads back to this banana state and it's retarded laws. You're the one who inserted politics into the equation. I post a story about a tragic murder, and you post who appointed the judge in question. Again, I'll say it for a second time, how is a person who stabs his mother to death, and stabs a person who tried to intervene, out on the street in 15 or so years? I sure as hell wouldn't let a loser like that see the light of day, would you?

You're absolutley right that stupid sh!t happens all the time. I'd like to see that changed, but some people don't have the stones too.
  6. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

If you weren't making a political point with that post, why didn't you put OT in the title? And, besides, calling our state a banana republic with idiotic laws is political.

Of course not, but we don't know all the details. For instance, what if the buy killed his mother because she was horrifically abusive to his brothers. I'm not defending him, but I assume there was some rationale for the decision. To me, that's the big question in this story.

No, that's not it. It's that humans are not perfect, and of all the millions of decisions we make collectively, occasionally we make a bad one, whether as individuals, as employees, as employers, as representatives, as judges. That will always happen. It always has. How do you propose to get rid of terrible mistakes? Haven't you ever done anything dumb? I have, but fortunately I've never had position where people's lives were at stake.
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +367 / 4 / -2

Sure, I've made mistakes in my life. I haven't tried to sleep with enough women, and didn't travel to enough places. I stayed with one of my ex's for 3 years too long, and once smoked too much grass and turned green. I played TE instead of RB in high school, and like a maroon of monumental porportions, never took a job as bartender at...nevermind. :D
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +482 / 1 / -9

Can't we find a way to blame Bush for this.
    :bricks:
  9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

She was a Romney appointment - and he deserves his share of the criticism - but she is a card carrying member of the moonbat party. According to Howie Carr she was in bed with Robert Reich (figuratively speaking, of course) and that's about as whacko as you can get. The Globe confirms she is a registered democrat (link below).

No doubt about it: Romney f*cked he because he trusted her. But she's as moonbat as they come, so don't let anyone go around saying she's a conservative.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/04/27/romney_names_4_women_to_bench/
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2007