Welcome to PatsFans.com

Only in America!

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Mike the Brit, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +705 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

Yes you never know what you'll find in a shed,attic,cellar or barn in the US. It truly is the land of plenty.I myself found a 1949 Chevy in mint con. under a tarp, in a barn that came with a house my wife and I bought years ago. When I first looked in the barn it was dim and I didn't realy pay much attention to anything,but later I started snooping around and looked under the tarp. But the car didn't come with a missle launcher fortunitly. :eek:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  3. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +705 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

A 1949 Chevy -- fantastic!

I loved the bit where the guy says that he took the missile launcher to three refuse dumps but they wouldn't accept it. In Europe, of course, all our surface-to-air missiles are fully recyclable and guaranteed carbon-neutral. :D

4. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +480 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

I can just picture that,him bringing the launcher to the dump,and some dirty,grimy, sweaty, red neck chewing tobacco. saying: noaah sorry weah dun'o take dem tings heaahr,but once aah yeaah,an eet ain't dat time aah yeaah yeaat.

5. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Wow. The more I hear about the US, the more I wonder if I'm better off, never visiting you guys. :eek: :)p)

6. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,408 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

That is amazing. The previous owner didn't want it? What did you do with the car?

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

Wonder if amnesty would still apply to a missile launcher?? Somebody has gotta ask some questions.. or will this be overlooked?? How about if you brought a "Dirty Bomb" to a gun amnesty, would you still get amnesty??

8. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

You could have quite a road rage incident with one of those. :rocker:

TEAM AMERICA! F@#K YEAH!!! :D

9. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +480 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

The details, first it was my first wife,we bought the house from an uncle of her's who moved in with his son. As far as I can remember it wasn't his car,but a long dead aunt of my wife's. We pulled the car out with a tractor,and then rolled it down to the drive way. The outside not seeing the light of day directly for appro. 30 yr's was in very good con.it needed to be buffed,and polised. The interior was in show room con. the seats(leather) had been covered,along with the dash. When I checked the engine the oil,sparkplugs,and air filter had been changed before it was put in the barn. (The oil looked like it had been changed that day.) I got the car started,and running,but we never put it on the road. We eventualy sold it along with an M.G. to pay for a years worth of collage tuition. It was a four door,if it had been a coup (2DR) it would have been worth thousands. Instead I got $700.00 dollars for it.This was 1986 from what I can remember. Being a car nut(at the time I also owned a '68 Jaguar xke roadster) I'm sure the Chevy is in someones car collection as is the Jag. Now that car was hard to let go of.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  10. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +480 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

You'd get pinched if you brought a bomb to a gun amnesty. It's not a gun. It would definitly have to be a triple B,....BOMB BUY BACK In Springfield this weekend they had a "ice cream for guns" program going on, you got free ice cream for every gun you brought in. Seriously. No wounder the town is like Dodge City. Maybe next week they'll have a"ice cream for bombs" give away. And you can trade your dirty,dusty block of C-4 in for some cookies and cream. :D

11. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +705 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

Didn't Carrie Fisher (?) have one of those things in The Blues Brothers? I supposed that you just went down to your local GUNS R' US.

Anyway, wouldn't it be part of your constitutional rights? I know that the Second Amendment gives citizens the right to bear arms; as far as I recall, it doesn't say "but only little-bitty stuff"! :)

12. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +705 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

That wouldn't be the Springfield that won the contest to be the Simpsons' home town, would it?

If it wasn't and they'd put that in their entry, I can't believe that they wouldn't have won by a country mile ...

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +911 / 7 / -3

I guess amnesty gun drives are just like a box'a'choclates, since you never know whatchu gon-get.

[​IMG]

hmmmm....I wonder if anyone has seen Mrs. Gump and Barbara Jones in the same place at the same time.

After inspecting the rocket launcher, police spokeswoman Sgt Barbara Jones said: "I tell you, you never know what you're going to get."

14. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +480 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

No they didn't win and they were pretty angry about it. They'll probably donate the guns fron the "ice cream for guns" buy back to the kids in Sprinfield VT. which did win. ;)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  15. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +705 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

:rofl:

Yes! Bart would love that.