PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Only four Red Sox players showed up for Johnny Pesky's funeral

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Report: Only four Red Sox players showed up for Johnny Pesky's funeral - The Buzz - Boston.com sports news

Instead of attending Pesky's funeral, for which the buses left around 11 a.m. Monday morning, the team reportedly showed up for Josh Beckett's charitable Beckett Bowl later that night at Jillian's/Lucky Strikes Lanes.

They must have been serving Chicken & Beer at the Beckett Bowl.....

I use to be a big Sox fan...... This is the first season since 1972 that I have not
attended a game. I just find the current player hard to root for and I hate the pu55y
ownership.

The player should be ashamed of themselves.

Red Sox skip out on Johnny Pesky’s funeral - BostonHerald.com
i dont think words can describe how much i hate this current redsox team. what a bunch of selfish *******s. they cant even show up to johnny peskies funeral. no respect no class no nothing from these pricks for johnny. this really bothers me a lot. if this was the pats bruins or the celtics i guarantee you there would have been a huge turnout. sickening

Couldn't agree more with either one of you. Disgusting.

Hate this bunch of b*****ds playing for the Red sox.

Papi, Padilla, Salty and Clay turned out. Fair play to them.

the rest can whistle.

compare and contrast how Patriots players behaved when Myra passed last year.

Other than Papi getting extended in the off season I don't care a jot for this team.

I was an obsessed, long-suffering Red Sox fan like most kids who grew up in the 70's and 80's in this area. I cried in '86. I cheered the team no matter how they were performing.

Over the last decade or so, the Sox (and baseball in general) has become nearly meaningless to me. I watched them win the World Series with more joy for long time fans (like my grandfather) than for the win itself. I had always imagined a Red Sox championship being the emotional top of the mountain for me. Due to my growing distaste for MLB, it wasn't.

But I was glad they won.

I am no longer an active fan. However, when I check the scores, I always hope they win. Even with the unlikable bunch the last two years, I always hoped they would win. And more importantly, I wished ill for the Yankees. It's old habit.

NO MORE.

This team was on life support--now they are dead to me.

Pick your Patriots equivalent to Pesky (if there is one). The Patriots would be at that funeral as a team. The coach would demand it. The owner would demand it. The players would do it willingly, because it is the right thing to do. It is the respectful thing to do.

Ortiz, Buchholz, Saltalamacchia, and other guy who I'm not sure who you are:) .......I will secretly be cheering you on forever. May you go to another team in the near future.

The rest of the Red Sox? F.U.!

Yankees? Please continue to beat the pi$$ out of this collection of overpaid, whiny, entitled pieces of crap wearing Red Sox uniforms.

Last edited:
and almost everyone went to Beckett's bowling event that same night. **** everything about this team.

Yankees? Please continue to beat the pi$$ out of this collection of overpaid, whiny, entitled pieces of crap wearing Red Sox uniforms.

You went too far. F' the Yankees.

Even though I'm not a Sox fan, I was personally bothered that so few players went to the funeral. Vincente Padilla went, and Beckett, Pedroia, Lester, etc couldn't? I respect the piss out of old timers like Pesky, who litterally live their lives around their teams. Really disheartening imo.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back