Welcome to PatsFans.com

Only four Red Sox players showed up for Johnny Pesky's funeral

Discussion in 'Red Sox Fan Forum' started by cupofjoe1962, Aug 23, 2012.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 13 / -7

Report: Only four Red Sox players showed up for Johnny Pesky's funeral - The Buzz - Boston.com sports news

They must have been serving Chicken & Beer at the Beckett Bowl.....

I use to be a big Sox fan...... This is the first season since 1972 that I have not
    attended a game. I just find the current player hard to root for and I hate the pu55y
    ownership.

The player should be ashamed of themselves.
  2. captain insano

captain insano Rookie

Ratings:
    +68 / 1 / -16

#11 Jersey

Red Sox skip out on Johnny Pesky’s funeral - BostonHerald.com
    i dont think words can describe how much i hate this current redsox team. what a bunch of selfish *******s. they cant even show up to johnny peskies funeral. no respect no class no nothing from these pricks for johnny. this really bothers me a lot. if this was the pats bruins or the celtics i guarantee you there would have been a huge turnout. sickening
  3. dalero

dalero PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Couldn't agree more with either one of you. Disgusting.
  4. resdubwhite

resdubwhite Rookie

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Hate this bunch of b*****ds playing for the Red sox.

Papi, Padilla, Salty and Clay turned out. Fair play to them.

the rest can whistle.

compare and contrast how Patriots players behaved when Myra passed last year.

Other than Papi getting extended in the off season I don't care a jot for this team.
  5. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -3

I was an obsessed, long-suffering Red Sox fan like most kids who grew up in the 70's and 80's in this area. I cried in '86. I cheered the team no matter how they were performing.

Over the last decade or so, the Sox (and baseball in general) has become nearly meaningless to me. I watched them win the World Series with more joy for long time fans (like my grandfather) than for the win itself. I had always imagined a Red Sox championship being the emotional top of the mountain for me. Due to my growing distaste for MLB, it wasn't.

But I was glad they won.

I am no longer an active fan. However, when I check the scores, I always hope they win. Even with the unlikable bunch the last two years, I always hoped they would win. And more importantly, I wished ill for the Yankees. It's old habit.

NO MORE.

This team was on life support--now they are dead to me.

Pick your Patriots equivalent to Pesky (if there is one). The Patriots would be at that funeral as a team. The coach would demand it. The owner would demand it. The players would do it willingly, because it is the right thing to do. It is the respectful thing to do.

Ortiz, Buchholz, Saltalamacchia, and other guy who I'm not sure who you are:) .......I will secretly be cheering you on forever. May you go to another team in the near future.

The rest of the Red Sox? F.U.!

Yankees? Please continue to beat the pi$$ out of this collection of overpaid, whiny, entitled pieces of crap wearing Red Sox uniforms.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  6. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 7 / -16

#87 Jersey

and almost everyone went to Beckett's bowling event that same night. **** everything about this team.
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

You went too far. F' the Yankees.
  8. One-Be-Lo

One-Be-Lo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Seriously? Wow what a bunch of scumbags
  9. Bigfatcat999

Bigfatcat999 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Note: none of these guys were dumped in the trade. Something tells me they will have a job with the Red Sox next year.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 4 / -2

Even though I'm not a Sox fan, I was personally bothered that so few players went to the funeral. Vincente Padilla went, and Beckett, Pedroia, Lester, etc couldn't? I respect the piss out of old timers like Pesky, who litterally live their lives around their teams. Really disheartening imo.