Online Baseline Concussion Test For the Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
For the curious out there ... as I was ... I searched for an online concussion test that simulates what a real test is like. With concussions being an important topic I thought a test would be interesting to see for learning purposes.

I had like 5 playing hockey ... we went by the cobweb theory for getting back out there ... not very smart in hindsight.

Not meant as a substitute for a professional doctor but taking it answers many questions regarding how hard it is for the athletes to get back on the field.

So if you're interested:

https://www.impacttestonline.com/schools/

This was the concussion test I was given:

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"Ok, you got the next shift."

We all pretty much experienced that same growing up, lord knows how many times our "bell has gotten rung".. glad to see that they are focusing on this on all levels..

"Walk it off".. the three most popular words in sports..

Ya, we used to get the old "how many fingers do I have up" quickly followed by "Ok, get back out there."

Ya, we used to get the old "how many fingers do I have up" quickly followed by "Ok, get back out there."

.... where are you? .... what day is this?

I've been coaching youth soccer for 15 years ... I ban my kids from heading the ball but there is no ban on it in the rules at any level of youth soccer which still amazes me. They have no sliding rules at younger age groups but no rules concerning the head. It's a whistle if it hits their arm or hand but not the head. :confused3:

You're all right, not like the old days, which to me is great. My son plays High School football, before the season started all the players took a concussion test (probably very similar to the one posted here). Well, needless to say he ended up getting a concussion. He ended up missing two weeks (and this was only a mild concussion). He took the test again about 1 week in and didn't come close to passing (by passing, they compare your score to the pre-season test score and you have to match it). Then about 10 days after the injury he was symptom free so the trainer had him do conditioning runs etc and took the test again and passed. After that he was finally cleared.

So yeah, a little different then "What's your name?" and "What team are we playing?". Anyway, as a Dad I'm very happy they now do this for high school athletes (my daughter played Freshmen soccer had to take the same test).

.... where are you? .... what day is this?

I've been coaching youth soccer for 15 years ... I ban my kids from heading the ball but there is no ban on it in the rules at any level of youth soccer which still amazes me. They have no sliding rules at younger age groups but no rules concerning the head. It's a whistle if it hits their arm or hand but not the head. :confused3:

Rumor has it that Connolley when asked "Who are you?" replied "I'm Batman!" and then proceeded to carry off Woodhead thinking he was Robin.

test for wussies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing