PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One Week From Now!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Alot of us on the East coast and beyond will be waking up with that feeling in our stomachs and it's not from the beer we drank last night. It'll be gameday, another season begins. Those who live far away from Foxboro but still trek to the game will probably be leaving there homes to drive the 3 or 4+ hours it takes to tailgate. Those like me who live an hour or so away will probably be up reading the days articles in the paper or online before getting the vehicle ready to go. Is the beer cold? Are the steaks marinating? Where the hell is my flag for the car? And if your like me you'll be sitting there saying the next hour or two can't pass quick enough. One week from today!:rocker:

Last edited:
PatsRI said:
Alot of us on the East coast and beyond will be waking up with that feeling in our stomachs and it's not from the beer we drank last night. It'll be gameday, another season begins. Those who live far away from Foxboro but still trek to the game will probably be leaving there homes to drive the 3 or 4+ hours it takes to tailgate. Those like me who live an hour or so away will probably be up reading the days articles in the paper or online before getting the vehicle ready to go. Is the beer cold? Are the steaks marinating? Where the hell is my flag for the car? And if your like me you'll be sitting there saying the next hour or two can't pass quick enough. One week from today!:rocker:
I cannot friggin' wait! After the way we went out last year, this has been the longest off-season of my life.

I agree been a long off season cannot wait for opening day, looking forward to a very good season. I won't be drinking, and I won't be at Foxboro, but I will be watching this and every game with a few close friends and family. One of the things I really enjoy is going out on Sun. AM to the local stop and shop, just about everyone is dressed in some type of Pats gear...remember when.

I m hoping to be there...with my son. After losing interest in football (he played pop warner for 4 years) he is now regaining interest.

If not, I will be home watching the game in HD on my new TV.

Life is good.

There is nothing like the thrill of a new football season.

Going up on Fri nite, and making a weekend out of it.., nothing beats the opening of football season.. People can have baseball, and others can go to thos damn nascar things, give me taigaiting at Gillete and day of the week...

Last edited:
The Team. The games. The fans. The food. The friends. The weather. The coaches. The owner. The league. The rivalries. The coverage. The messageboards. The rituals.

All of these and more make it awesome.

Let the 2006 Pats begin!!!

Last edited:
Patriotic said:
The Team. The games. The fans. The food. The friends. The weather. The coaches. The owner. The league. The rivalries. The coverage. The messageboards. The rituals.

All of these and more make it awesome.

Let the 2006 Pats begin!!!
We only go to both Bills games each year because we screwed up and had kids. The wife's a huge Bills fan (...still) after living here for 14 years. She wears her Flutie shirt to Foxboro and @Buffalo every year. I know she does it just to embarrass me.

Loaded for bear next weekend in the dirt lot. PSYCHED!

While I wish I could be at Gillette, I wake up today knowing that this is the last Sunday for months when I have to deal with nothing being on or being stuck watching the Red Flops. When I wake up one week from today, I set my lineups, throw my Brady jersy on, head out to the local market and buy some meat and chips, head down to my squads house to watch on the 55 inch HD, and enjoy the greatest sport in America today.

I live for football season :)

I just hung my Patriots flag out front this morning.

I never make plans on Sunday if the PATS are playing......I spend my day wearing pink-plaid Patriots boxer shorts, pink PATS hat, and one of my PATS jerseys......usually the white Tom Brady jersey. Usually make something like buffalo wings, or chili, or slow-cook BBQ ribs and since I am not a beer drinker, I usually go with Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Seriously, can't wait :D :D :D

NEM said:
I will be at the Vine, along with about 100 other Pats fans for the opener. The place will be rocking, to say the least, and it will give us the feeling of being in the stadium in Foxboro.

GO PATS
I'm surprised there are that many Pats fans in AZ. Is this a new thing with bandwagoners?

NEM said:
Bandwagoners??????
Are you Mishugi??????
Yes I am.

But still, where do you dig up 100 Pats fans in Phoenix? They've got to be either transplants or bandwagoners, no?

All these stories makes me want to move back to Boston! I wish I could be there to watch the games but a four letter word called "work" keeps me from enjoying the football season like you lucky fans who get to watch every game live or on TV. Perhaps sometime in the future. I do have to come visit one day to watch Brady live and perhaps to tailgate with some of you guys here. That would be awesome.

The first game of the year is always an anxious time. After pre-season, we still don't know what we have until they start playing for real.

And, the first week is usually a week when there are upsets. So, I'm excited but by Friday I'll be coiled like a spring until it's over.

It might be better it we were playing a team that was a contender instead of a team with everything to gain and nothing to lose, like Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes