PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One Way Parcells Was Better Than Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parcells notoriously doesn't even want to hear about players' injuries.

I am kind of glad that you brought this up, though, because I have a theory. I think that NE is more cautious with some injuries than others. Ted Johnson's claim flies in the face of this, but I think that NE is more willing to sit a guy down than many other teams. This is a large reason why they value depth so much; not because injuries are going to happen, but because they don't want a reason to "have" to play a guy. By getting healing time, that also tees the team up to be healthier than most in the playoffs.
That's my impression as well. BB would rather have a guy healthy for the long-term, than risk bringing him back too early.

Injuries are part of football, some teams are hit harder than others.. to me it looks cyclical and the luck of the draw.. there have been posts before by those who are adept at these things and shown where we are about in the middle of games not played by starters due to injury.. not the highest and not the lowest.

Do not confuse testiness with fact, do not confuse anecdotal evidence with long term results. I have never seen documented where the injury situation has anything to do with coaching, training or anything else, but football.. injuries are what they are, part of the NFL. For example Rodney, broke his shoulder on a very freak play and then had knee problems because of a cheap shot, neither was due to anything except football. Seau broke his arm, on and on..
Yeah, there are always freak accidents, but when one team is constantly compiling long injury lists year after year, you figure there must be something else involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back