PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One thing the NFL got right this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patchick is very right on this subject. Ratings of neutral games in the respective sports are not even close even in the Boston market. Compare Sunday night baseball when showing Phillies vs Cardinals to Sunday Night Football when showing Eagles vs Redskins and the NFL wins going away. A lot has to do with the popularity of fantasy football (vs baseball) but the NFL blows MLB out of the water.

So Patriots are the most popular team in New England?

Finally Goodell makes one rational decision. I'm shocked. Can't stand MLB. It's SO 1900s.

MLB games were faster back then fact.

6 years later and Tunescribe is still whining about baseball / Red Sox.

You know, you guys that don't like baseball don't have to watch it. I don't like golf but I don't go around whining about it everywhere. Regardless of whether you care about baseball or not, the majority of the people in New England do, so whining about the sport isn't going to do anything other than annoy others.

You know, you guys that don't like baseball don't have to watch it. I don't like golf but I don't go around whining about it everywhere. Regardless of whether you care about baseball or not, the majority of the people in New England do, so whining about the sport isn't going to do anything other than annoy others.

For someone that doesn't like it, Tunescribe sure loves to talk about it. I think it's because of WEEI/Boston Globe which talks more about the Sox than the Patriots.

No, that changed a while back. Only WEEI (which carries Bankofamericasox) and Shaughnessy at the Globe attempt that spin occasionally. I think most recently the trend was evidenced by Pats preseason murdering Bankofamericasox vs. Yankees at Fenway in the television ratings.

Hard to shake the memory of the loudest chant at the 2001 SB parade being "Yankees Suck." But the tide may have turned.

Hard to shake the memory of the loudest chant at the 2001 SB parade being "Yankees Suck." But the tide may have turned.

It does feel silly to say "Yankees Suck" when that team doesn't play gridiron(unless were talking about a old team from while ago before Pats time).

It does feel silly to say "Yankees Suck" when that team doesn't play gridiron(unless were talking about a old team from while ago before Pats time).

On a related note... I was at the Pats/Colts game in Indianapolis in November 2003. When the Patriots were dominating early in the game, the Colts fans started chanting "Let's Go Red Sox!" :rolleyes:

On a related note... I was at the Pats/Colts game in Indianapolis in November 2003. When the Patriots were dominating early in the game, the Colts fans started chanting "Let's Go Red Sox!" :rolleyes:

Must be the band wagoners that cheer for them when Peyton came around.

steelers @ saints? I don't care how close the world series is, that's too good to pass up.

Yesterday I read that, starting this year, the NFL is no longer going to skip having a Sunday night game during the World Series. Goodell said it's up to the fans to choose whether they want to watch football or base-ball.

I've been wanting them to do this for years. I could care less about base-ball and was always annoyed that they skipped out on football for the WS, even if it was a "professional courtesy" or whatever.

So there.
I am glad they are doing this too, but I don't understand why it has to be one-or-the-other. I have 2 TV's in my office here, and most people have picture in picture.

MLB games were faster back then fact.

MLB needs to enforce/reinstate the rule that says the batter can't leave the batter's box. It's all about posing for the cameras now and it takes forever.

MLB needs to enforce/reinstate the rule that says the batter can't leave the batter's box. It's all about posing for the cameras now and it takes forever.

haha true.

"Whining"? Who is "whining"? Looks like you're whining about imaginary whining. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes