PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One thing iam interested to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
How much the pats run on the colts . Last 3 -4 games the pats just came out throwing and never tried to run consistently especially in the 2nd halves. Dillon even said a few months back that if we had run the ball more in the AFCCG 2nd half we couldve had a different result. I think BB wants to consistently put points on the colts which i like as supposed to the ball control -keep the ball away theory. But would be interesting to see if they try some consistent running game in the 2nd half.
iam not overlooking the skins-in fact their defense scares me - but something about the colts games came to mind so i thought i will throw it out for discussion.
another thing to note -yes we had different players and injuries - but we havent stopped the colts since the 20-3 game with a beat up secondary. interesting to see how we do now.

Belichick always likes to throw against the Colts, especially early. Now that our passing game is better there's no reason for that to change. I expect 3 WR/1 TE/1 RB a lot with a 4th WR instead of the TE if Watson is out.

Partly out of necessity, and party by design, we've actually done almost NOTHING run wise for the last couple games. Yeah, I know about the injuries, but Both Faulk and Marony were effective in limited action on Sunday, they just didn't get the ball much.

Something tells me this is part of something for later on. Perhaps, not the Colts, but I think at some point, we're gonna turn Maroney loose once every team starts game planning exclusively for the pass. Sorta like a longer, several game, span of "softening run defense" via the air. I think so anyway. Did the same thing with Moss out of the gate. The JETS certainly we're expecting him that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back