PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One thing BB is always consistent about..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
never blaming a player in the media for however bad the play was...i dont think he gets enough credit for it and since he and his coaching staff are getting ripped by media and alike this week.. i think its something to commend +vely....from todays press conf

http://www.allthingsbillbelichick.com/transcripts/2006/06nov13transcript.htm

Q: Would you say that Doug Gabriel was benched because he didn't have good ball security on the fumble that he got stripped of in the second quarter?

BB: We played all of the receivers. They all played. They all knew they were going to play going into the game and that's what we did. How that all breaks down, those are coaches decisions based on a number of different things. That's not uncommon. It could probably be that way again. It's been that way in other weeks. It could be that way again next week. It could not. We'll play the players that we think are the players that give the team the best chance in those situations.

Q: It's not uncommon for a starting receiver to not play the rest of the game when he's not hurt?

BB: I'm just telling you what was told to the receivers and what the plan was going into the game. You want tell me that isn't the way it is, you can tell me that, but I'm telling you that's the way it is.

Q: How did you feel it affected Richard [Seymour] playing left end yesterday?

BB: Well, he's done it in the past before. He's played on both sides.

Q: So you don't think it affected his performance?

BB: I think he's played more on the right than he has on the left, but he's played on the left. He practiced on the left all week. Some plays could have been better than others. Some plays were good. Some could have been better. Again, I think you could say that about just about everybody yesterday.

Q: Was that just a function of Jarvis Green being a better fit on the right?

BB: Jarvis pretty much played exclusively on the right except in passing situations. He's really never played on the left.

Q: Was there a particular reason that Richard wasn't on the field?

BB: I'd say he played about the same number of plays he normally plays.

Q: He didn't seem to think that.

BB: I'm just telling you what the numbers have been game by game. It's pretty close.

Q: On the interception, was that a bad throw or was Maroney not where Tom thought he was going to be?

BB: It was a combination of things on the play, it just obviously didn't work out very well. Anytime the ball leaves the quarterback's hand, he wants it to go to the right spot and when it doesn't, regardless of what the circumstances are, that's not what he wants. It's not what anybody wants. It's not what you're looking for. Again, there were a number of factors on that play though and obviously it just didn't work out. There's plenty of responsibly to go around on that one.

maybe its just me but we see day in day out coaches like parcells and green yell about their players with frustration but BB never brings it up in the media and i think its a big reason the players still want to play for him even if he isnt the most friendliest of coaches...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back