Welcome to PatsFans.com

One reason the projections are hard

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by Fencer, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fencer

Fencer Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +401 / 6 / -20

#12 Jersey

Beoli's picks in the first two rounds have consisted of:

4 DL
    Eugene Wilson
    A whole lot of offensive players

By way of contrast, the three top CBs were mid-round picks or later. The LBs were all originally picked in the middle rounds or later. The only DBs who originally high picks at all are Wilson, Hawkins, and Scott.

Bottom line: If we're looking at high picks to be spent on DB or LB, there is negligible precedent either way.

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

This is why I think all mocks are a crapshoot at best, there are so many variables and no one knows what is going on in these guys heads. They also know all the details of lingering injuries, so for example Nick Kaczur who had some injury issues last year may not felt to be ready this year, I can see them going for an O tackle to help fill this slot. What we see and what they see are two different things, I like the mocks, but have never seen one close to being correct for this team.

3. sebman2112

sebman2112 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That could have been said about RB last year. Remember some people saying "BB won't take a RB in the first!" That made me LOL! BB will take whom ever is the best player still available, that fits either a current or potential need (IE: one or two years from now).

4. Fencer

Fencer Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +401 / 6 / -20

#12 Jersey

Right.

But since our experience with Beoli taking RBs high was so limited, nobody could predict with much accuracy what would happen.

THAT'S my point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.