PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One Positive Aspect Of The Bummer Loss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edzo44

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
At least somebody else is going to be wearing the freaking "Target" on their back next year. Two years of everybody in the NFL ramping up their efforts and laying their sights on us to knock us off was getting brutal! We played some really tough games as opponents played way over their heads at times trying to knock us off!

I would have preferred to wear the target one more year but since it didn't happen we can look at the one positive of it. Most teams will be aiming at somebody else this time (while we quietly retool, refocus and go back to work again to get the target back!) :rocker:

edzo44 said:
At least somebody else is going to be wearing the freaking "Target" on their back next year. Two years of everybody in the NFL ramping up their efforts and laying their sights on us to knock us off was getting brutal! We played some really tough games as opponents played way over their heads at times trying to knock us off!

I would have preferred to wear the target one more year but since it didn't happen we can look at the one positive of it. Most teams will be aiming at somebody else this time (while we quietly retool, refocus and go back to work again to get the target back!) :rocker:

This is the most ******ed post yet on the positives of losing. Give me a break. There is not a single fan here that would prefer no target over another ring.

i wouldnt call it a positive that we have no target on our backs. I would say its more of a byproduct after giving up 5 turnovers in a playoff game and being eliminaited.

I would have preferred the target, but it just didn't work out this year. We will be wearing that target again.

Digger44 said:
This is the most ******ed post yet on the positives of losing. Give me a break. There is not a single fan here that would prefer no target over another ring.

Back off, the guy is just rationalizing, something we all do after adversity hits.
sam2033.JPG

Fanfrom1960 said:
Back off, the guy is just rationalizing, something we all do after adversity hits.

Rationalizing should be based in reality or it should be called irrationalizing.

I think that his premise is irrationalizing.

NEM said:
Where did you sit at Braves Field in 1960? I was in end zone. Tickets were $2.50 and we got to fight for the footballs after every extra point.

I never made it to a Braves Field Pats game, but I saw the Boston Braves play there a few times (old fart here). First Pats game for me was at Fenway Park. That was a weird layout for a football game if there ever was one.

Fanfrom1960 said:
sam2033.JPG

You back off. The statement is ******ed. There is no logic or rational thinking involved. The logic is sheer stupidity. You back off.

The ONLY "positive" that I see from exiting out of the play-offs when we did is that it gives the Patriots and the staff an extra 3 weeks to recuperate. I honestly hope that Brady and Seymour turn down the Pro-Bowl game and stay home to rest.

One of the biggest things people have said is that they believe that all the extra games that the Pats have played over the last 4 years (11 extra) probably took a toll on the team in terms of health.

Well, here we go. The team has almost an extra month to get their schtick together. We'll see if it makes a difference.

edzo44 said:

Digger44 says: . . . . . .
“This is the most ******ed post yet on the positives of losing. Give me a break. There is not a single fan here that would prefer no target over another ring.“

On 1/16/2006 Digger44 said: . . . . .
" My heart is broken like all of you but I started thinking positvely and came up with this idea. BB & SP are incredible when it comes to the draft. Over the last 2 years they have not had much time to prepare for a draft. They now have time to sit down and pour their hearts into this draft. Expect an incredible offseason. "

Edzo44 could say: . . .
“This is the most ******ed post yet on the positives of losing. Give me a break. There is not a single fan here that would prefer extra time to prepare for the draft over another ring."
;)

Last edited:
chesapeakejet said:
We'll be happy to wear that target for awhile! :D

hey my brother!!! ill take that target over herm anyday!!! haha!

Edzo (2nd post of this thread) is right --- he said he'd rather wear the target. Stop bashing the guy.

It is virtually unanimously agreed that it's tough to be the defending champs, everybody brings their "A" game against you, etc. etc. We've heard it a hundred times. Thus it seems highly logical that NOT being champs could be a bit easier in that department, as Edzo says. Of course we wish we were still champs --- he says so, too --- but since we're not, I agree that this is a small silver lining.

Most importantly, MAYBE THIS WILL HELP KEEP DOWN OUR INJURY TALLY NEXT YEAR, with slightly-less-intense opponents. DaBruinz makes a good point on injuries, too.

Fanfrom1960 said:
I never made it to a Braves Field Pats game, but I saw the Boston Braves play there a few times (old fart here). First Pats game for me was at Fenway Park. That was a weird layout for a football game if there ever was one.

My first MLB games were at Braves field with Pop. I don't remember much except having a big bag of hot peanuts... After the Braves left, Pop never took me to another game until I went to Fenway as a teenager, myself. He couldn't abide the Country Club loafers & bums...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back