PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One On One on The Wide Receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope we don't go into next season with Branch as the starter opposite Welker. Branch is on the wrong side of 30 and he's just not that good. It was nice to see him resurrected and playing with Tom again but let's move significantly upwards from Deion Branch next year please.

I am only bringing it back up in light of what alot of us have been discussing, which is the pass rush and lack thereof. So it does sound like you would rather have the guys we netted in that trade instead of the potential DPOY and the ultimate game changer known has Clay Matthews. All is good, I know you've been trying to justify that trade for a while now and your sticking by your guns on this one that BB in the end made the right move, I was just double-checking.

You're reading too much into it, man. It's obvious to anyone who read what I wrote that I think the sort of second-guessing you're doing is pointless. For fun, a friend and I geeked out on time and redrafted players from the last 3 drafts to see what mistakes were made. it was as interesting as cutting my toenails.

I mean, if you follow me on draftday, I would pick:

2010: Dez Bryant over McCourty
2009: Michael Oher over both Matthews and Pat Chung
2008: Dominick Rodgers-Cromartie over Jerod Mayo
2007: Posluszny over Merriweather
2006: Matthias Kiwanuka over Laurence Maroney

2010: Also would have taken Daryl Washington over Jermain Cunningham, Sergio Kindle over Rob Gronkowski, Brandon LaFell over Brandon Spikes.

Some of my picks are defensible, others not, but when I go back and say, obviously Oher is more valuable than Chung, it leaves out the part that I had never even heard of Sebastian Vollmer before the Patriots picked him.

The blue print game plan was on full display last night against the dink and dunk, simply cheat everyone up and force the Pats to throw a ball deeper than 30 yards down the field.

This is incorrect. The problem is not the "dink and dunk" offense. The problem is that the team is missing a David Givens (hell, even a Bethel Johnson) component to that offense.

Obviously we could to spend resources on having a top 5 defense instead of spending money to be a top 5 offense. Given that we have Tom Brady, it makes sense to emphasize the offense while he's here.

Not buying it, Super Bowls were won with less receiving talent than the 2010 team had. It's gotta go back to the D. The Patriots haven't had a dominant defense since 2004, it's time to draft some guys to rebuild the front 7.

I don't know what happened to Banta-Cain.
Tate is fine. Brady just doesn't throw to him because he is in love with Branch and Welk. Yes he drops a few balls but he is a essentially rookie.

Last edited:
Tate is fine. Brady just doesn't throw to him because he is in love with Branch and Welk. Yes he drops a few balls but he is a essentially rookie.

If Tate was fine, Brady would throw him the ball.

If Tate was fine, Brady would throw him the ball.

Yea because Brady is perfect. Tate was very open once but brady didn't throw to him. He took a sack.
Then he overthrew him deep. (yes it was a difficult throw)

Yea because Brady is perfect. Tate was very open once but brady didn't throw to him. He took a sack.
Then he overthrew him deep. (yes it was a difficult throw)

Brady's not perfect. However, there's a reason that Tate only caught 24 passes the entire regular season, and it's not because Brady's completely blind about Tate. It's because Tate wasn't getting the job done.

I can understand the "One full season!" argument, but to pretend the guy's been getting it done to this point takes a willingness to ignore what the eye sees on Sundays.

I saw enough in the meaningless dolphins game. Price should have played over Tate the whole year. His routes are crisper, and you can tell he will be a good WR.

He better hop Tate next year.

In a perfect world it would be: FA #1 WR, welker, price, edelman. (with branch and tate gone)

Tate is not fine. If he's one of our starting WRs next season, that would be alarming to be honest. At this point, he's not even a good KR, for the lat 8-10 weeks, this guy has done squat in the KR game. That also needs a serious upgrade in the offseason.

Time to pull your 81 jerseys out? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back