Welcome to PatsFans.com

One of the best re Ted and Jacko

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Similar though peculiarly different, the deaths of Ted Kennedy and Michael Jackson signal a moving on from the fantasy eras of "Camelot" and the "Pop Kingdom".

Andrew Breitbart has written an excellent analysis of the impact these men had, and how those impacts were made available to them.

[size=+4]BREITBART: End to two grim fairy tales[/size]

With the deaths of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy and Michael Jackson, the summer of '09 marked the merciful ends to Camelot and Neverland, iconic American fairy tales whose story lines should have come to merciful ends long ago when their charismatic protagonists took dark and irredeemable turns.

Our country was not built to support blood dynasties or to elevate the rich and famous to a higher ethical or constitutional plain. But through the power of celebrity, Mr. Kennedy and Mr. Jackson worked the media to twist truths. They manipulated their constituencies and fans to obscure their misdeeds. They played the faithful to confer this manufactured innocence on the rest of us. And, in the end, they placed themselves above the law.

My condolences go to the Kennedy and Jackson families, who should not be stained by the sins of their kin. But there is no time like the present to ensure that those masterfully produced, over-the-top, all-star televised funerals don't serve to canonize talented and charismatic men who failed to own up to their public wrongs and who continued to flaunt the behaviors that got them into trouble.

< Read the rest of it here: BREITBART: End to two grim fairy tales - Washington Times >

//
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, outside of personal attacks -- violations of this forum -- do you have anything to discredit the above article?? Andrew Breitbart is often-quoted from his own news service, breitbart.com ; are you???

//
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

OK, Che, seems like you've got it all figured out. :rolleyes:

St. Ted and St. Jacko are smiling down on you ..... while they laugh up their sleeves ....... ooooooooops, wait a minute ..... who's that chasing them around the oven with a pitch-fork ?????

Anyway, PressyBoy, at least I own up to my allegience while you on the completely other hand continue to hide the news source that you (allegedly) "work" for. ;) I didn't know the Phoenix gave "full dental and visual" to their tin-foiled slaves... er... "employees" ...(but you are NOT "corporate" ;) ;) ;) ).

The Internationale in 40+ languages - MP3 collection

:singing:.......................................:yeeha:

//
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +361 / 1 / -9

The name "Elvis" will long outlive the Kennedy/Jackson "FILTH" just in a matter of months and days they have already faded into the best forgotten stinking world of Sex, Infedelity, Murder and Sh!t.
    May God Have Mercy On Their Souls.

Elvis had his short comings but he was a far better man and human being than those two Degenerates (Kennedy/Jackson)

So Long Whacko Jacko
    So Long Camelot
    Good Riddance
  5. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

When I think Elvis, I think fried peanut butter sammy's.
    When I think Ted, I think of Gin.
    When I think of M.J. my skin crawls!
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +361 / 1 / -9

My old pal Pressy needs to find a good religion and sing a few hymns.............
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

When I saw the end to two grim fairy tales, I thought that something had happened to Bush, Cheney, Rush, or Beck. But, otherwise the headline makes no sense. Kennedy was one of the greatest senators and Michael Jackson was a great artist. The fact that the right-wing hates them even in death attests to their power over the right-wing.
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Spin, spin, spin. They were both disgusting human beings, and everybody knows it deep down in their hearts. Even you do.

//
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Michael Jackson was certainly troubled, but he brought great music and entertainment to millions upon millions of people. As far his personal life, there are a lot of questions, but the fact that remains that numerous children and their parents came forward to testify that he did not molest them, and there are legitimate questions about those who settled with Michael Jackson. That said, it does appear he was at least inappropriate with these kids, even if he did not engage in statutory rape.

Kennedy has done wonders for our country. Orin Hatch was practically in tears when he spoke at Kennedy's funeral. As a statesman and politician Kennedy was accomplished enough to earn the active hate of the right. As far as his personal life, Kennedy, like Michael Jackson, made some serious mistakes, but at least he didn't drive any of children to suicide.
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Low blow, Patters. Even for you, but I've always expected it from you.

The fact is that Kennedy killed at least one young woman that we know about, his father almost certainly was responsible for many deaths, seeing as how he was a gangster running illegal liquor out of Chicago back in the days of Al Capone and all that mob activity.

Michael Jackson used to sleep with young boys ... paid off one parents with an 8-figure payoff to silence them .... "Personal problems"???? Well, YEAH, I guess one could say that's true.

So why the mass media cover-ups??? Why all the media-created adoration, with TV hosts swooning over the Kennedys and Jacko???? Money. Both those guys were GREAT media people, absolutely GUARANTEED to fetch TV ratings, viewers galore, and newspaper readers snatching up the latest riot off the front pages: "Camelot", "Neverland", .... "Chappaquiddick"....... babies named Paris, Booster Shot, Envelope, or whatever. Whacko rules!!! Buy, buy, buy!!!

And you accuse Republicans of being greedy for money!!!

If Kennedy had spent one dime of his multi-billion dollar secret tax-sheltered trust funds on helping people the way he voted for everybody else to, he might get some slack. But he never did. Instead, he wants EVERYBODY ELSE to pay for his grand schemes, so he could then get all the glory. And elected again, and again, and again....

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

//
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

No, that wasn't a low blow. If you choose to attack icons of liberalism, expect the same for people you admire.

Kennedy father was a right-winger, and an awful one that. I have no respect for him, except that he raised sons to rebel against his values.

It's really unclear what happened. Michael Jackson was a strange and messed up man. Did he have boys in his bed? Yes. Did he have sex with them. I don't think so especially given that the person he paid off sounds very sleazy and the family sounds very messed up. That said, I'm not defending MJ's personal life, just his music. Sadly, many artists become great because they led troubled lives and found an outlet in their art. There are relatively few great artists who led ordinary lives. Art is often an expression of inner pain.

I suppose the coverups you're talking about have to do with political connections. Otherwise, we would all be more familiar with the lawsuits the Unification Church lost against Japanese widows, the stories about the family by Moon's ex daughter-in-law and the tragic suicide of Moon's son. But, Moon is very well connected to top politicians, top financiers, and the media.
  12. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'll grant you Ted but dislike of MJ I dont believe falls on political lines?
  13. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +344 / 6 / -8

Huh. Death of a grim fairy tale?

[​IMG]

How's that drumbeat of deregulation workin' for ya?