PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One of My Favorite Pat Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite Pats moments. vs the Colts....2003, the Sunday after Thanksgiving, The goal line showdown...talk about heart stopping!

I was at that game with my Dad. Unfortunately we were sitting in the wrong endzone but it was amazing.

Willie "faking" the injury and then making the game winning tackle was so cool.

And that was a game where Bethel Johnson actually made a huge play.

in the thick of all this spygate crap, just think of what a similar thread on a message board for just about any other team would look like. There wouldnt be much there. consider ourselves lucky.

Props to PJ and Schmessy for two very good posts,for my .2 cents,for your consideration:
1)The playoff game against the Steelers in 2001,where they were heavily favored,when the Pats block the field goal,Troy Brown ends up with the ball ,runs it in.Might have been a lateral pass there,cant remember who else was involved.Huge moment in a close playoff game.
2)The long bomb from Brady to Brown in overtime,in front of the Miami crowd,where we hadnt won a game in years,a defining moment,I think...
3)Rodney Harrison's pick of Rothlisberger where he ran it in for a score in another playoff game where the Steelers were favored....
4)This is a little hazy,but we were playing the Dolphins at Foxborough,Marino was picked four times if memory serves me,might have been Jimmy Hitch**** who got the last one,ran it back for a score.All before halftime.If I've screwed up some of the details,please correct me.The look on Marino's face was priceless,that I do recall very clearly.

I have a lot of favorites but one is the AFC Playoff game vs. Colts in 2004.

I was extremely nervous, as i always am, and i didn't sleep much at all the night before. I was also still in College then and usually drank during the entire game. I decided not to go to the usual sports bar and instead stayed at my apartment and have a few buddies over and watch the game there. I'm ashamed to admit it, but i really thought we would lose b/c the Colts offense was pretty much unstoppable that year.

I was in shock the whole game and couldn't believe we were holding that offense to 3 points with Gay, Brown, and Samuel as our Dbacks. I just couldn't believe it. The Bruschi strip was probably one of the coolest plays i've ever seen, and up until the game ended, i was still scared that the Colts would come back and win.

I was pretty speechless during the whole game and until the end until i heard the greatest quote from any pats player that i've ever heard:

We play. Thats what we do! We don't talk. We play! You come to Foxboro, its gonna be snowing! Its gonna be cold! Come on in here! You want to say all you want. You want to change the rules. Change them! We still play, and we win! Thats what we do!

I just knew we were going to demolish the Steelers after that.

A few posts back someone alluded to a quote from Brady, and it got me to thinking about not only my favorite Pats moments, but my favorite Pats quotes as well. The one from Bru that you cited came to mind, as well as another of his. I can't remember his exact words but what I'm thinking of was his answer to "what does this SB ring mean to you".
He could still smell the grass...I wish I could remember the whole thing (and I'm too lazy to look it up) but regardless-TedyB is one of the most eloquent and sincere speakers I've ever heard. Everything he says seems to end up as being part of their legacy. "How do we feel about a Victoryyyyyyyy? Ohhhhhhhhyeahhhhhhhhh!!" That's TedyB. I love this thread:)

another one of my favorites is rodney's interception of peyton in the end zone during the AFCCG where peyton threw 4 picks. only because i had to listen to the first half on the radio, and after we drove down and scored, the colts were putting a great drive together and i was thinking "oh great, theyre gonna cream us too."

The radio call made that pick more enjoyable, because of the suspense.

"manning throws to the end zone and the pass iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssss.................................. INTERCEPTED!

Remember Rodney's INT in the Steeler's game? So huge.He buried them:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye