One of My Favorite Pat Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
America's Game: 2001, 34:40 into it.

Just before Super Bowl 36 when the Pats are in the tunnel waiting to storm the field. Brady was going NUTS, grabbing Drew and yelling "Didn't I tell you I was going to get you there!" and other stuff like that to the point where Drew was laughing nervously. And then Willie Mac turned around and saw it and calmly grabbed Brady, put his helmet against his and talked to him for a few moments. Within 5 seconds Brady looked calm and focussed and ready to take the field.

I don't think that was a turning point or anything, but I would love to know what Willie said to him. I imagine it's something like, "Listen young fella, we deserve to be here, and you've brought us this far. Just do what you've been doing all season, and we're gonna be champs. Alright? Let's go."

I would pay $4275 USD to know what he really said. Anyway, everytime I watch that (which is almost weekly), I get pumped and feel much love for Willie.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know if you want to turn this into a "your favorite pats moment" thread, but mine is...

super bowl xxxvi, brady spikes the ball with 7 seconds left, and holds it perfectly in the air. i get chills every time i see that

i dont know if you want to turn this into a "your favorite pats moment" thread, but mine is...

Sure, that's cool.

super bowl xxxvi, brady spikes the ball with 7 seconds left, and holds it perfectly in the air. i get chills every time i see that

I love that too. But the BEST spike in NFL history was Brady's tumbling Rathman-like monster spike after the TD in the snow bowl.

My favorite is the snowplow game. When Shula is going apoplectic. His arguing with the ref to put the snow back was priceless.

Hey PJ, what ever happened to "X weeks down, X weeks to go?" I miss it, personally.

Tough choice, but the moment I keep coming back to is...
" Choosing to be introduced as a team, The New England Patriots...".
Unprecedented at the time, and especially how they capitalized on what was originally an error earlier that season, turning it into something that's defined them ever since. Still gives me chills.

Hey PJ, what ever happened to "X weeks down, X weeks to go?" I miss it, personally.

Thanks. I missed a Sunday because I was in Bali and then I just felt overwhelmed by the whole spycrapgate. I've actually been feeling guilty about it, because I hate not following through with something. Maybe I'll bring it back by unpopular demand. :)

Tough choice, but the moment I keep coming back to is...
" Choosing to be introduced as a team, The New England Patriots...".
Unprecedented at the time, and especially how they capitalized on what was originally an error earlier that season, turning it into something that's defined them ever since. Still gives me chills.

Yep, that's an awesome one, too. That four hours or so was some of the most emotional time of my life.

my favorite pats moment is the next one, the next one is my favorite.

Yep, that's an awesome one, too. That four hours or so was some of the most emotional time of my life.

PJ,
I actually missed that game because it was during my 2nd year of residency and I could not get off call. In fact, I was in the OR for most of the game, but was able to get out just as Madden made his "maybe the Patriots should just kneel down and take this to overtime" comment.
I went home the next morning and watched much of the video tape and was emotional but nothing like seeing it live.
The coming out as a team thing was simply awesome. It still gives me chills. That team's accomplishment changed the way people approach the SB. Up until then, the dominant team almost always DOMINATED that game...the 2001 Patriots changed all of that.

Thanks PJ for starting a post on something other than you know what. I'm so sick of the whole thing and think it's time for us to move on.

I was at the Cincinnati game when they first came out as a team and little did I know I was witnessing history. I really miss the innocence of that season. Things seem so different now. Not bad different, just different. 2001 will always be my favorite.

Thanks PJ for starting a post on something other than you know what. I'm so sick of the whole thing and think it's time for us to move on.

I was at the Cincinnati game when they first came out as a team and little did I know I was witnessing history. I really miss the innocence of that season. Things seem so different now. Not bad different, just different. 2001 will always be my favorite.

Are you talking about the Cincy game (season opener 2001)? I went to that game also...little did I know what the next few weeks would bring.
I was post-call and up for 36hours...got home and showered...then grabbed some chipotle and UDF chocolate shake on my way to the game. The simple life (premarriage) was great...

America's Game: 2001, 34:40 into it.

Just before Super Bowl 36 when the Pats are in the tunnel waiting to storm the field. Brady was going NUTS, grabbing Drew and yelling "Didn't I tell you I was going to get you there!" and other stuff like that to the point where Drew was laughing nervously. And then Willie Mac turned around and saw it and calmly grabbed Brady, put his helmet against his and talked to him for a few moments. Within 5 seconds Brady looked calm and focussed and ready to take the field.

I don't think that was a turning point or anything, but I would love to know what Willie said to him. I imagine it's something like, "Listen young fella, we deserve to be here, and you've brought us this far. Just do what you've been doing all season, and we're gonna be champs. Alright? Let's go."

I would pay $4275 USD to know what he really said. Anyway, everytime I watch that (which is almost weekly), I get pumped and feel much love for Willie.

He said, "Tom, tonight a dynasty begins."

My address is, oh wait. Send me an email and I'll send my address.

It was so great, wasn't it? I remember when they won the game to put them at 5-5, and I stood up at the Sports Club and yelled "The New England Patriots are .500! Hell yeah!" And I wasn't trying to be sarcastic...when was the last time they had been playing .500 ball? I was genuinely happy.

I love that our team is competing for the Super Bowl every year, but it was pure joy to just be hoping for a playoff game and winning the Super Bowl in 2001.

It was so great, wasn't it? I remember when they won the game to put them at 5-5, and I stood up at the Sports Club and yelled "The New England Patriots are .500! Hell yeah!" And I wasn't trying to be sarcastic...when was the last time they had been playing .500 ball? I was genuinely happy.

I love that our team is competing for the Super Bowl every year, but it was pure joy to just be hoping for a playoff game and winning the Super Bowl in 2001.

I thought we lost the Cincy game to start the year 0-1?

Are you talking about the Cincy game (season opener 2001)? I went to that game also...little did I know what the next few weeks would bring.
I was post-call and up for 36hours...got home and showered...then grabbed some chipotle and UDF chocolate shake on my way to the game. The simple life (premarriage) was great...

Yes I am. I worked with a guy that had season tickets. He knew I was a huge Pats fan so he ditched his wife and took me :) We were on the 20 on the Bengals side about 20 rows up from the field.

Yes it was awesome. After so many years and a few close calls. I'll never forget that feeling of coming about 6 feet off the couch when they won the big one.

Not to put a damper on the moment, but they lost the game that made them 5-5 (the game against the Rams). They got to .500 two weeks before, against the Falcons.

Yes I am. I worked with a guy that had season tickets. He knew I was a huge Pats fan so he ditched his wife and took me :) We were on the 20 on the Bengals side about 20 rows up from the field.

I was around the 40yd line....maybe 30-40rows up. I was sitting just behind the TE/WR McGee's mom. I got a glare when I yelled after a close sideline catch he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes