Welcome to PatsFans.com

One more streak to live for

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by AJain, Oct 1, 2006.

1. AJain

AJain On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I really would like to see the Pats break the 'most games without consecutive losses' streak. The Patriots haven't lost consecutive games since December 2002. The 53-game streak matches Denver (1976-79) for second-longest since the NFL and AFL merged in 1970. San Francisco has the longest streak, 60 games from 1995-99.

That means that by week 12 we may have this streak! How can people even argue the Patriots are not a dynasty? Who even comes close?

2. Caspir

Caspir Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Why would you want to break this streak so fast? If we lose evry other game, then we're in trouble. I hope we break the record too... in about three years.

3. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Um, you do realize we don't HAVE to lose every other game to break the record?

4. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0

It's pretty apparent he does not.

Anyway, the problem with this record is if we get the record the only time anyone elsewhere in the league will be aware of it will be when they are about to break it. I mean, did anyone here say two years ago "San Francisco holds the record for most games without consecutive losses, we're halfway there" ?

5. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +966 / 17 / -8

#3 Jersey

The Pats are guaranteed to move into sole possession of second place on this one (since they can't lose their second consecutive game next week!). So, we're guaranteed to hear about this the week after every Pats loss from here on out. :rolleyes:

6. cloud34

cloud34 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

only one record i care about...matching pittsburgh's record of winning 4 super bowls in 6 years.

7. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +99 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Yea this is the one i want the most.

Forget everything else. I dont care if we accumulate the most hair growth in one season i just want to see these guys go out and win.