PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One more streak to live for

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJain

On the Roster
Reaction score
I really would like to see the Pats break the 'most games without consecutive losses' streak. The Patriots haven't lost consecutive games since December 2002. The 53-game streak matches Denver (1976-79) for second-longest since the NFL and AFL merged in 1970. San Francisco has the longest streak, 60 games from 1995-99.

That means that by week 12 we may have this streak! How can people even argue the Patriots are not a dynasty? Who even comes close?

AJain said:
I really would like to see the Pats break the 'most games without consecutive losses' streak. The Patriots haven't lost consecutive games since December 2002. The 53-game streak matches Denver (1976-79) for second-longest since the NFL and AFL merged in 1970. San Francisco has the longest streak, 60 games from 1995-99.

That means that by week 12 we may have this streak! How can people even argue the Patriots are not a dynasty? Who even comes close?

Why would you want to break this streak so fast? If we lose evry other game, then we're in trouble. I hope we break the record too... in about three years.

Caspir said:
Why would you want to break this streak so fast? If we lose evry other game, then we're in trouble. I hope we break the record too... in about three years.
Um, you do realize we don't HAVE to lose every other game to break the record?

PromisedLand said:
Um, you do realize we don't HAVE to lose every other game to break the record?

It's pretty apparent he does not.

Anyway, the problem with this record is if we get the record the only time anyone elsewhere in the league will be aware of it will be when they are about to break it. I mean, did anyone here say two years ago "San Francisco holds the record for most games without consecutive losses, we're halfway there" ?

alamo said:
It's pretty apparent he does not.

Anyway, the problem with this record is if we get the record the only time anyone elsewhere in the league will be aware of it will be when they are about to break it. I mean, did anyone here say two years ago "San Francisco holds the record for most games without consecutive losses, we're halfway there" ?

The Pats are guaranteed to move into sole possession of second place on this one (since they can't lose their second consecutive game next week!). So, we're guaranteed to hear about this the week after every Pats loss from here on out. :rolleyes:

only one record i care about...matching pittsburgh's record of winning 4 super bowls in 6 years.

cloud34 said:
only one record i care about...matching pittsburgh's record of winning 4 super bowls in 6 years.
Yea this is the one i want the most.

Forget everything else. I dont care if we accumulate the most hair growth in one season i just want to see these guys go out and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back