PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One last comment about the Chargers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
When I looked at their roster and depth chart, I was amazed as to how many really good players they have with 5 or less years experience. They have drafted very well, thanks in part to the Giants. And, hit it on a couple of UDFA's.

They will be a very good team for many years if they can stay healthy.

The chargers, pats, and colts could be to the AFC what the bears, redskins, SF, and giants were to the NFC in the mid-late 80's.

They aren't going anyhwere with Marty as coach.

And when Marty is fired - likely today or tomorrow - they are going to hire Wade Phillips. They aren't winning with him either.

Last edited:
The chargers, pats, and colts could be to the AFC what the bears, redskins, SF, and giants were to the NFC in the mid-late 80's.

could be, but i also expect this off season to be a major reloading year with injection of two #1 picks and a good draft and maybe even a London Fletcher(I really hope he comes). Sure Asante and Graham might leave, but Thomas and Jackson will get better and Heath Mills will be back and all the guys on the IR(Gay, Wilson), maybe even Seau.

They'll win 12 games a year for a long time. But Playoffs? Playoffs?

The talent won't get them anywhere unless their attitude and mindset shifts.

Plus, they were blessed this year re: injuries. It won't be that way forever.

They aren't going anyhwere with Marty as coach.

And when Marty is fired - likely today or tomorrow - they are going to hire Wade Phillips. They aren't winning with him either.

Wrong, they are going to promote Cam Cameron.

Wrong, they are going to promote Cam Cameron.

Not according to everyone around the league. Phillips is the GMs guy from their time together in Buffalo.

Well if they don't get rid of that idiot Schottenheimer after going for it on that 4th and 11 on the 30 they should. Really shows a lot of confidence in his kicker doesn't it? Doesn't trust him to make a 47 yard field goal but then asks him to make a 54 yarder with 3 seconds to go? I'm sure Kaeding went out there with all the confidence in the world. Marty can put up pretty good regular season records, but playoffs, 5-13, not quite the mark set by Belichick and Brady, 12-1, proven winners with class.

Not according to everyone around the league. Phillips is the GMs guy from their time together in Buffalo.
I hope so. Phillips doesn't seem to have it either. Marty seemed really old and tired in the press conference after the game. Very tough loss, but Belichick or Dungy would not have sounded so......demented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes